Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, August 25, 2017

Due to unforeseen circumstances...(blog break)


Wait, that sounds much too dour, doesn't it?
But I guess that is how I've been feeling about life lately.


Living in Virginia we feel very close to the Charlottesville tragedy.
Hateful groups with horrific ideas in their heads, causing horrible actions.
I am so saddened and worried about our country.  We are led by a
President who proves in his daily words and actions that he is as far from
 Presidential as possible.  Our country needs to unify and heal, and for
this we need a leader with the best interests of the people and our
country in mind.  Sadly, President Trump has proven himself unable to
be that person Even some elected officials in the Republican
 party are voicing that opinion.  Please say a prayer for our country.


 I usually keep these personal feelings of politics off my blog, posting
 vintage tablecloths and things that make me happy, but some things
just need to be said.  Especially when you are soon to have surgery.

I thought I would share this pretty vintage tablecloth before I take a blog break,
due to the unforeseen circumstances of medical issues.  This summer I
 was diagnosed with Lyme's Disease.  Due to other symptoms I had a
CT scan. The scan revealed other problems that need treatment as well.  

Mr. Retro will be bringing me to the hospital for out-patient
surgery in a couple days.  
Not an uncommon procedure, but one requiring general anesthesia.
Scary to me. I won't be lifting anything heavy for a couple weeks, so
I think that leaves out things like cleaning (especially vacuuming)
 and also grocery shopping, don't you? 😇  Poor Mr. Retro!

Enough "whining" here. Hoping you will send me...
and a positive thought or a prayer, that all will go well.

I should be dancing again soon!

I'm sorry I haven't been visiting as often with things
as they are, but plan to enjoy catching up with your blogs!


Doyle is looking forward to lying around with me for 
a couple days.  He says that is a skill he has mastered! 



Thank you friends!
Looking forward to being back to share more
vintage tablecloths soon!  


PS/  Surgery was successful.   Resting and healing.  Thanks. 

13 comments:

  1. Good luck - hope all goes smoothly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the very best for a speedy recovery! I too am sickened by the mess we are facing in our country, but I remain ever optimistic that things will get better. Perhaps because I can't imagine them much worse. Thanks for sharing your love of all things vintage. Hope you are back to Blogging soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pam...I feel that the president needs so much prayer...
    I will pray for your health issue and upcoming surgery, that all goes well and you will be back to "cleaning"! Another pretty table cloth!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and sending prayers of recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending hugs and prayers to help you through these challenges. Rest and get well--we'll be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be added to my prayer journal, dear lady.
    Take it easy, rest and allow your body to heal completely.
    You will be missed, but we all know that there are times in which we need to take breaks. We will be here when you return.
    Sending you love and hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need a blog break also. I'm so sad by all that is going on in our country. So sorry to hear about your health issues but know I'll be here when you come back with another of your incredible table cloths. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you great success with the upcoming surgery. You and Doyle have a restful recovery period. Take as much time as you need. Your readers will still be here when you are ready to come back. There have been many dark periods in our history and we will come through this too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in the same boat with you when it comes to our president. I never thought he would make a good president and did not vote for him. I will definitely pray your surgery goes well and your healing is quick. On a happy note...that Doyle is such a handsome fella and what a good snuggle buddy while you are healing. Hugs and prayers...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoping that day by day you feel better than you did the day before. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in agreement that this very unusual political climate makes it so that NOT saying anything is difficult even for those of us who don't tend to be political or voice our opinions about politics very often, if at all. I pray your surgery goes well, enjoy your Blog Break as you heal. Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pam, I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner, but I am glad that you are home and resting and I wish you an easy recovery. Lyme disease is not something that is easy to recover from and I will be sending positive thoughts of healing your way. I am in total agreement with you about the state of our country. I feel like this has been a hostile take-over of our government and that rational people have lost their minds for supporting this president. He clearly is un-hinged....I have faith that we will turn this ship around - hopefully sooner rather than later. I've lived through the 60's.....I can live through this. Hopefully this is a lesson learned for our country and who we deem suitable to run for President. Clearly the old adage that 'anyone' can run for President is simply not true! This man has no values or scruples. Okay, I've said enough. Concentrate on healing - that is the most important thing. Sending hugs and prayers. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pam, I hope by now you are feeling much better. I totally understand your feelings about the chaos that seems to envelope us on a daily basis. I hope this break will give you some time to rest and relax. Praying hurricane Jose doesn't come your way. It's always something...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.