Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Mid-Century Modern Simtex Tablescape

I love all my tablecloths, but when I spy a mid-century modern
design tablecloth my heart sings.  I have no reasonable explanation.
I'm just addicted to vintage linens ~  colorful works of art!
This Simtex is my latest addition to my collection.  It is believed by
some to be designed by Russel Wright, but we have not seen a paper tag
or vintage ad which supports that.  I'm okay with that, I love it either way.

I  put this very simple tablescape together  in just a few minutes.


The peacocks are from the 1960's era, and were the first
things I chose.  I Knew they just belonged on this tablecloth!


 Ready to sit and enjoy a nice summer salad with me?

Dinner plates are Russel Wright, Iroquois Casual.
Bread plates are Eva Zeisel, Hallcraft Fantasy.
Enamelware bowl is Catherine Holm.
Who says you can't find fab designer items at the thrift store?



Thanks for visiting!  Hope you enjoyed my simple table.

Lyme Disease update:  I am almost 2 weeks into taking the
antibiotics and believe I am doing better.  Crossing
fingers...time will tell.  Thanks for your support!

What's on your table?

I'm joining in at Tablecloth Thursday!

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

&

Vintage Charm Party @ Our Hopeful Home

10 comments:

  1. I really love the colors in the tablecloth. Do you think I'm thinking of Fall? Glad you are responding to the Lyme disease meds! I can't seem to keep my table clean enough to set it with dishes! Laughing at myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Linda, I have so many fall design tablecloths, I can't wait to get to use them.

      Delete
  2. This is the first time I have seen your blog. I had undiagnosed Lyme disease for at least a year; I had chronic fatique and awful muscle aches. I think my doctor thought, Oh, it's just Kathy complaining! I'v had ticks on me for less than 24 hours (one thing they tell you!), no bulls eye rash, no flu symptoms. Well, he finally did a Lyme titer. The antibiotics did the trick but it took me a good 6 months to feel that the awful fatique was gone; now the doctor does a Lyme titer on people who complain like I did!

    I loved your tablescape; very summery [] with a practical/elegant layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I also had no bulls eye rash and don't believe I had a tick attached for 24 hours or more. Extreme fatigue is the worst. Since I knew I had been bitten by a tick, my husband suggested I ask the doctor for the test when I went. The 2nd part of my test (on antibodies) revealed my Lyme's to have been contracted recently, so I am lucky for that. And lucky for my husband's suggestion.

      Delete
  3. I am in LOVE with this tablescape, my friend. I think the peacocks are PERFECT :)

    Thinking of you, dear Pam. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie. I appreciate your thoughts my friend.

      Delete
  4. Love this table setting, the dishes, the color, the tablecloth. . .the peacocks! Really pretty. So sorry to hear of your bout with the Lyme disease - yikes! Glad you are are mending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the pieces work SO well together! And I'm with you ~ so many great finds are waiting out there for us at thrift stores! Hope you're back on your feet and feeling well soon! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!
    xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the modern theme inspired by the tablecloth and the Peacocks are fantastic! Praying for your continued improvement. xox Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe your luck at thrift stores. I am green with envy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.