Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, May 19, 2017

Quick Friday Hodge Podge

Hooray Friday!  
We have a weekend house guest coming, and I haven't
 posted in a bit, so a quick hodge podge to share!

A beautiful spring vintage tablecloth, of course.  
Fenton cobalt bowl and candlestick holders.
The 3-piece Fenton set a steal at $14.

I really need to redo my tablecloth shelves, so maybe if I show this
somewhat messy photo, I will be inspired.  💖
 You can see all my collector books on the middle shelf.  

Another view.  My tablecloths live in the guest room/office.
It's pretty cute, want to come visit.  Like the vintage Heywood
Wakefield club chair in the corner?

Heywood Wakefield student desk & chair. 
Love this room, small but both cute & useful.  

Mr. Retro is doing great, and the doctor finally released him from 
wearing the neck collar last week.  Also, he is returning to
work light duty.  He is very pleased, we both are.  It has been
difficult to be without his salary for three months, on top of 
paying his portion of the humongous medical bills.  But I digress...

He decided to try and bake a cake outdoors in our
dutch oven, a  preview before we try it camping.  

Doesn't it look beautiful?  Wait...it gets better!

It is a Pineapple Upside Down cake, and here it is 
right side up!  Mr. Retro gets an A+.

Wish I could linger, but are we really ever ready for house guests?

Thanks for the visit & have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Oh the cake looks so good! I love the table and that Fenton bargain!! I am never ready for house guests but it does get me to clean up! So happy to hear Mr Retro is doing so well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I don't know what it says about me, but I think your table cloth storage shelves look pretty neat. Glad to hear Mr. Retro is doing well. He surely can bake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am so impressed with Mr. Retro's cake!!! I've never baked a cake outdoors, but I'll bet it beats turning on the oven on a hot day. Gosh, medical bills...I hope you aren't buried in them :(

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.