Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Simtex Tablecloth & Virginia Peanuts

A quick post to share my post-Easter table.  I chose this beautiful
floral tablecloth made by Simtex.  I have many Simtex tablecloths
 in my collection, they are one of my favorite makers.  Their products
were high quality and have withstood  the test of time.  

The pattern name is "Symphony".   


I love coming across vintage linen advertisements.  Especially if the ad is
for a tablecloth I have in my collection!  You can see this pattern also
came in a yellow and gray colorway.  My colorway is not pictured, so I
wonder how many colorways it actually came in.  

 Sorry the photo is not clearer but this is the best fix I got.  
I will try to do more posts like this, showing the tablecloth & it's ad.  Fun!

Yes, Virginia is for Lovers, but it is also for growing peanuts!
We have a local peanut plant, and this is one of their stores - Whitley's.
Those are burlap bags of peanuts hanging on the porch.  Their peanuts are the BEST.  
They are huge and crispy, and taste so much better than typical brand grocery
store peanuts.  Their really is no comparison.   

You can walk around the store and sample many
of the flavor varieties.  Salted, hot, sweet, every taste you could want.

They also use the peanuts to make delicious candy.  
Yum!  We never leave empty handed.  


They have this peanut picker from 1953 on display.
The peanut farmers had quite a process to go through.


I hope you get a chance to taste some of the best peanuts ~ Virginia peanuts!

Wishing you a great rest of the week.  Thanks for stopping by.
I love when you come to visit!  🙌



8 comments:

  1. Be still my heart! You live near Whitley's!!! They are my all time favorites. Our friends used to stop on their way back to Maine every year and buy us several containers. We doled them out like gold coins. You are so right, they have no equal. Oh, and your table is lovely - sorry, I got so excited about the peanuts I forgot to mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vintage ads are so cool. They take you back in time. I live in Eastern New Mexico the crops here are also peanuts. My husbands grandfather had a peanut farm for many years. I remember going over their house and his grandmother always had a bowl of peanuts set out for her guests. Sweet memories.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well GEORGIA peanuts are pretty good also! LOL!! They grow in the southern part of our state for sure. Love the table cloth. You could write a book I bet! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Beca about the vintage ads....they are so neat!

    Lovely post, my friend. I trust you and your dear husband are doing well. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snacking on nuts...peanuts are so good for you! Beautiful tablecloth too. You always find such lovely ones! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely tablecloth. I love the colors and the ad is so neat. The peanut factory looks so fun. I have never been a fan of roasted peanuts, but I do love them boiled. Most of the ones grown here are for that purpose. Peanuts in a coke or pepsi used to be a big thing here. Have you ever heard of that? Hope you, the hubby, and Doyle are all doing well!

    hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you found an ad featuring your pretty vintage tablecloth, Pam! I love peanuts - we always have a jar to snack on. My niece lives in Virginia - maybe we can find some fresh peanuts when we visit her sometime! I hope you and your husband are feeling well and enjoying some spring sunshine. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always I love your tablecloth. You find the best ones. Now I am hungry to try some good tasting peanuts!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.