Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, March 20, 2017

A New Week: Tablecloths & Caregiving

Happy Spring!
I'm celebrating with a pair of tablecloths I won together on eBay.


Both have aqua!  
This one is so cute with it's plants and spices.  
 Made by Sun Glo, pattern is Salt & Pepper.

And this one I have coveted for years.
Made by Marlene Linens, pattern name is "Glass Shelf".

This tablecloth is a favorite of collectors and usually the price goes sky high.
Don't you love the mid-century items?  Casseroles, coffee pots, carafes, and the
cute black bird olive holder is my favorite. 

 I grabbed it in a "Buy It Now" on eBay, $16 for the two vintage tablecloths.  
My gift to myself for being such a good caregiver to Mr. Retro.  
This is the adorable basket they gave him his last day of work.  Lots 
of useful goodies, and fun stuff too.  He especially liked the bath
ducky and the "Butt Paste".  😁


He is doing well for 2 weeks post-op.  He is supposed to walk and move about
 within his limitations.  He has to wear a hard collar for two months for neck
support.   It is very difficult for him to sleep comfortably, but he has no choice.

Doyle and I are keeping Mr. Retro busy as much as possible,
 but there is still a whole lot of napping going on.  What could
be better than a warm dog snuggling on your lap?

I hope to do more visiting and commenting this week.
These two guys have been keeping me hopping!

Thanks for the visit, have a great week!


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on you eBay win. Both are lovely. Happy to hear your husband is on the mend. Hope you get some relaxation soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to get both of the tablecloths for $16! Sounds like a steal! Glad to hear Mr. Retro is on the mend. Looks like Doyle is thoroughly enjoying having him around all the time. Reminds me of my two piled up in my hubby's lap. Yes...both of them at once...all 150 pounds of them, LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both tablecloths and what a great price! Glad the hubby is doing well and a snuggle with Doyle is always a good thing I'm sure. Annie is snuggled up to me right now as I read blogs and write comments. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Pam, I am so glad that your husband's surgery went well. I'm sure that you and Doyle are taking very good care of him. Love the fun basket he received and those tablecloths are wonderful! Such pretty colors and love the 50's vibe. Great score! Don't forget to take good care of yourself, too. Care-taking is serious business. hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear Pam, what a joy to hear your husband is doing well. I think of the two of you often and keep you in my prayers. I know you are an excellent caregiver and that helps tremendously :)

    I'm loving the colors you shared! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that your husband is doing well. I love the table cloths, what a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tablecloths too...especially the glass shelf. What a great deal you got on them. And I appreciate your prayers for my husband and will keep yours in my prayers too. It's hard...that's for sure! Sending you lots and lots of hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eye Candy alert !! Love the tablecloth !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Pam, I am so behind on my blogging, I just now read where your husband had surgery. I am so glad and thankful he is doing well. Sending you much love and take care of yourself, too, girlfriend.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.