Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Vintage Tablecloths & Fun Painting

Hi Friends!
I was anxious to show you my new vintage tablecloth by 
designer Russel Wright.  I spied this at an antique mall that was
having a February sale.  I have always wanted a Russel Wright
pattern, so mid-century cool.  I tested it on my table, perfect! 


I already knew it was made by Simtex.  I excitedly grabbed the book
hubby gave me for Christmas, "Setting Your Table Wright", to find some
 additional information.  

The tablecloth (right page) is indeed identified as made by Simtex,
the pattern is Granada.  It is not a Russel Wright design, although it
has been attributed to him.  Well dang it, but do I love it any less?  No!

It seems there are a wealth of mid-century geometric designs that folks
attribute to Wright, that are not his designs.  But they are cool & artistic designs. 

Next a photo of this pretty tablecloth made by Marlene Linens (ML).
  I'm looking forward to using this for a tablescape.

Here is a close up.  Love the green color of the apples.
 The pattern name is Apple.  Understandable.  😏

I also wanted to share these recent gifts from friends.
Adorable embroidered bird guest towel, I love birds!
Pretty dogwood vintage hankie.
Sweet girl jumping rope child's hankie.
 I cherish all three.

Lastly some fun painting.  I joined in a couple classes, good for the 
soul in dreary February.  We painted flowerpots for spring.
 Sponge painted background.   Here fishy~fishy. 

And a smiling crab.  

Lastly an acrylic jellyfish painting.  

Being creative definitely brightens my mood!
How about you?

Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific week!

6 comments:

  1. I love your new tablecloths and can't wait for the table settings!! Oh the fun of painting! I'm enjoying my watercolors this Feb!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tablecloths and the painting. I especially love the jellyfish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, the smiling crab is darling, my friend! And those hankies are just too sweet.

    Happy Monday to you, dear Pam. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the apples tablecloth! So cheery! And the cute hankies...the little girl is sweet. The painting class looks like it was fun! What a great way to prepare for Spring! The crab is my favorite but the jelly fish are a close second with their bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Art in February is always good for the soul and your pots are adorable! And I love both the cloths. It's time for me to get a little of my vintage out now that the holidays are over! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those hankies are so sweet. And I admire your craftiness...I haven't had the inspiration to tackle any craft projects in so long, I swear I'll get back into it...soon, I hope! :)
    --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.