Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 6, 2017

February Valentine Swaps & Leacock Tablecloth

Hello February!

I cheered up my dining table with this new floral vintage tablecloth.
It is made by Leacock, and part of the the Kate Greenaway series.
The pattern name is "Language of Flowers".  So daintily pretty!

The beautiful  dolphin candlestick holders are marked MMA,
Metropolitan Museum of Art.  The are vaseline glass, and were made by the
Imperial Glass Co.   Sorry the lighting is showing different colors, they are a pair.

Close up of the sweet pattern.  

I joined in a couple Valentine Swaps.
The first, a Pretty and Pink ATC swap at
Art Joy Stuff Blog
Kim is a wonderful hostess and a creative genius!
I forgot to take photos of the ATC's I made before sealing them
in bags, so sorry about the bad photos.  We made and sent 3 ATCs,
and receive 3 in return.  


I received these 3 beautiful ATCs!  Created by Lynn, Sherry, and Amy.
Kim sent the lace wrapped clothespin and Amy wrapped her ATC in this vintage hankie.
I am always amazed by the creativity and generosity.  You can visit Kim's blog
via the above link and see all the Pretty and Pink cards.

I also joined in a swap hosted by Vivian of Viv's Whimsy blog.
She will be posting photos of all the swap packages in a special post.
I'll show you what I sent & received here.

My partner was Dorothy, a sweet blogging friend whom I have known
for awhile.  She blogs at  Hensrule blogspot.   She was so very generous.
She decorated the beautiful heart box and made the sweet pin cushion
cupcake. Look at that pretty butterfly valentine card!   She also included
candy, vintage cards, and lots of crafting goodies.
The final surprise was a gorgeous vintage tablecloth!
(see top of photo).  Can't wait to use it in a tablescape.
Thank you so much Dorothy for being a terrific swap partner.



I made Dorothy a clothespin doll and hanging heart ornament.
This photo taken at my work table.


A valentine card for her and one for her 3 darling dogs.
I can't sew, so I shopped Stephanie's shop Rose Petal Blessings
for both a mug rug, and sweet wallet with fuzzy heart.  Oh I didn't
forget to send her candy!  I forgot to take a new photo showing
a few other things I included.
Such fun swaps!  I'll link you up with Viv's whimsy after
she does the special post showing photos of all the swap
gifts.  Some are still traveling to their recipients.

Thank goodness for Valentine's Day in February, because it is a
pretty gloomy winter month.  At least it is short!
Are you doing any Valentine decorating?

Have a good week!


14 comments:

  1. Such a pretty Valentine tablescape, Pam. I love the Kate Greenaway tablecloth. I have a couple of her illustrated children's books which I dearly love. Such a wonderful little swap you gal's have shared - so many sweet pretties. I'm sure it is a nice surprise to receive these special packages on these seemingly never-ending winter days. We just got a surprise 2 ft. of snow last night here in W. WA state. Looking forward to your next post and I will visit your sweet blog friends. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty Valentines from your blog friends. I see some names I recognize and KNOW how talented they all are. Enjoy your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valentine fun and nice treasures you sent and received! This month goes by quickly...I feel and then it's spring time!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tablecloth is so sweet. I miss swaps and hope now that my craft room is mine again I can join in some for Easter. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Valentine creations are so cute! Another beautiful tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous tablecloth! Love all of the Valentines goodies. I am so busy helping with an estate sale that I didn't dare join any swaps this year. I must admit, not sure what ATC's are? :) I was thinking about you this morning. I'm already planning out my spring tablescape, (in my head) Going with a dutch theme and was wishing I had a vintage tablecloth with tulips on. Got me wondering where you get all of yours?
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swaps are so much fun. I haven't done a Valentine swap but participate in Stephanie's Tea Cup swap and love it! This swap looks like so much fun too! All of the Valentines treasures are sweet! Love the tablecloth too!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear you received one of my ATC's. Kimberly does do the best atc swaps. I wish I would have heard about the other Valentine swap. Its looks amazing.
    Happy Valentines day. Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you sent and received some wonderful goodies. Everything is beautiful! People are just so creative. It sounds like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good evening, my sweet and lovely friend! I so enjoyed seeing what you sent and received. My, what loveliness! And I agree with my Aunt Kelly, it's fun to see people's creativity.

    Thank you ever so much for the kind and beautiful comment on my blog. You always bring a smile to my face. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh How fun, I love those swaps and they always have gorgeous things to swap also.
    You received and gave wonderful items.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Pam. Your table scapes are lovely. Thank you for creating your lovely Pink ATC and swapping through Kim. I received your ATC and I adore the word "Smitten". Happy Hearts to you...XO<3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pam! So fun to visit your blog again. I also was in Viv's swap. Your tablescape is so pretty! Vaseline glass!look at all those goodies that everyone swapped. So much talent!
    Blessings
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I'm getting caught up a little late...I hope you had a great Valentine's Day! With all of those great swaps--and that sweet tablecloth--how could you not? I think it's great that you included a card for your friend's dogs in your swap! Hope you are having a great weekend :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.