Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Vintage Tablescape, Vintage Post Cards

I wanted to show you my new thrift store tablecloth.
I haven't identified the maker, but think this may be 60's era
with its geometric pattern and Bohemian look.

The sun streaming in gave the whole table a kind of glow. 

A quick and simple fall table.  The colors in the tablecloth are perfect.
I used my Hazel Atlas platonite Moderntone dishes from the 40's, and
vintage glasses whose stripes just happened to match!  My very old Shawnee
corn S&P shakers fit right in.  Fenton jadeite 3-toed dish off in the corner.  
The coffeepot also a thrifting find, Tirschenreuth China, Bavaria.  


I also wanted to share these sweet vintage Thanksgiving post cards with you.  
I love the old graphics and sentiments.  Bonus if there is a hand
written message and postmark on the back.

This one is dated 1917, signed by Isabelle, who writes..
."I suppose you will have a big fat turkey on Thanksgiving".  

"When the apples are gathered, and the brown nuts fall, may
you find it the happiest time of all."

I'm adding a photo of my friend Joan's table that she shared with me.
This beautiful tablecloth is made by Leacock, pattern name is Oak Leaves.
Just love all the sweet little acorns on her table.


Getting my post cards out made me realize that Thanksgiving is only
2 1/2 weeks away!  We are at the throes of the busiest holiday season.
Are you ready...set...go...for the next couple months?

Have a great week!


9 comments:

  1. Oooh what a beautiful, bright and fun tablecloth! You have done a lovely job gracing your new found tablecloth.
    Yes, Thanksgiving will soon be upon us, where does the time go? :)

    Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! I love how all the pieces go so well with the tablecloth. Time is moving much too fast.......Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy how fast the holidays have arrived. Almost makes my head spin. Your tablescape is so pretty with all your vintage dishes. The postcards are my favorite.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of the table cloth. I have a few vintage Thanksgiving post cards, always fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful table cloth and just perfect for fall! I also love to collect vintage linens. Your table scape is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe Thanksgiving is just a couple weeks away! Your table is beautiful and I really love those old cards. Delightful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those vintage cards are so amazing, specially with handwritten notes.. those are treasure...

    Please visit : http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I remember that coffeepot from a previous post. I love old postcards, I can't help but think about the sender of the one from 1917-- I imagine she couldn't possibly have foreseen that nearly 100 years later, we would be so enthralled with what she wrote!! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tablecloth is so perfect for the season Pam. Love the vintage cards!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.