Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Fall Fair! Flea Market Auction

FALL FAIR!
Indoor sales, outside auction, plant sale, home baked goods
 table, and their famous hearty Brunswick stew for lunch.
This annual fair is always well attended.

Check out the newspaper ad and you will see why!

The fall fair is sponsored & organized by the many churches
of our county.
"Monies raised after expenses are given back to the community."
Families in need are helped with things like paying
 electric bills or buying heating oil in the winter.
  I donate heavily for the sales, then have fun buying
 and bidding too.  Such a good community spirit here!

(sneek peak)


 This cottage building offered clothes, shoes, hats, purses, linens,
and toys & games.  It is an empty house on church property, but for
the fall fair, when every room is filled with items for sale.
Mr. Retro managed to find some manly things, and even won us a
brand new in the box breadmaker for $5 at the auction.


The line at the rectory building starts to queue long before the sale opens.


Holiday shop

homemade jams & jellies, and take home meals.

Silent auction area, 4 tables of goodies


I was so excited to see this Fenton compote to match my
candlestick holders that I quickly made the first bid.
Luckily, I won it!

EtcEtc  had thrift store type items.
Ceramics, Christmas, household, jewelry, just a little
bit of everything, at cheap cheap prices!
 

See that white planter at the bottom.  Haeger, I grabbed it for 50 cents.

I'll share some close-ups of my new found treasures.
My new Fenton marble hobnail compote, paired with the
 candlestick holders I already had in my collection.  Beautiful!

I fell hard for this gorgeous antique covered dish.  Davenport Stone China.
They had several different backstamps through the years.  I did some research and 
 this piece's backstamp dates it to between 1819-1864.  Love love love!    
I am a lover of oriental themes and patterns.  This is gorgeous!

Here is the Haeger planter, & handpainted lidded mug with tea strainer.

The lovely mug was painted by Ansa Lane of Sweetwater, Texas.
It's a small world, if you know the Lane family let me know.

This looks vintage, but I find no identifying marks.  The glass is very
thick and heavy and sits on a heavy metal base.  I am picturing it
 filled with small gourds for fall, then later some pine cones or
shiny brite Christmas bulbs  Perfect centerpiece for the holidays!

Not as many linens as I usually find at this sale, but enough to satisfy.
First I found this vintage toweling, yard goods with unfinished ends.
It is 56" long.  I might use it as a table runner.  

I found a few other things. Striped vintage dish towel, nautical small
tablecloth, sweet cocktail napkins with various countries flags and
the equivalent of "Cheers" in their languages.  Sweet rooster embroidered
cocktail napkins. and a red crocheted doily, Christmas is coming! 

Lastly, two gorgeous Madeira napkins with the original tags still attached.  
Why they chose to price them 25 cents, and why they were still there when I
got to them is beyond me, but I nearly squealed with delight.  

I also found this duck pin made of Hematite, and Cloisonne heart pendant.

Thanks for coming with me to the sale.  I left happy and satisfied.
Even though I've been in the donating mode, I exempted myself for
this sale, knowing how much good it does for our little community.

Did you find any fall festivals this weekend?
Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. I love sales like this! I love the Fenton dish and the Haeger planter. Such great prices at these types of sales. I like to donate but I don't think I'll ever tire or the 'hunt'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful thing your community does and such a great idea, and fun for those that like a good hunt and bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, what a fun event! You scored some goodies.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good vintage sale - so many wonderful things! So nice that it is for a good cause, too. You found some treasures. Love the dish toweling and the Asian dish! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam, you found some amazing pieces. Was that an Ironstone pitcher I saw in one of the photos? LOL!! I'm amazed at how neat and orderly the sale is, it makes it so much easier to see everything. I can definitely see the glass piece on the metal base as being an ever changing decor piece, it definitely looks vintage to me. Enjoy your week, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fair itself also looks great, no wonder they get such a great turnout. Giving to needy families is also a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did very well at that sale! The colors in the antique covered dish are fabulous, I can't wait to see you use it in a tablescape. Have a great week! :) -- Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.