Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Linens, Ladybugs & Sunflowers

Just a quick post today, an homage to summer and sunflowers!
 I used this summery and colorful Startex vintage tablecloth on my table. 
Such a fun design with Sunflowers and houses. 

Just another view.  The candlestick holders are Westmoreland milk glass,
 estate sale find.   Love their swirl and use them often.  I use the pretty
cake plate often also, a Goodwill find. 


I am enjoying the Sunflowers each day, and watching the bees,
butterflies, insects and sweet goldfinches they attract.  But
they are sadly starting to fade. 


 I decided I needed to preserve my summer memory.
This painting is a quickie I did yesterday afternoon. 
Very imperfect yet colorful. 


Also on the artsy side, I had fun turning these rocks into ladybugs.
I'll be sitting these atop my potted plants outside. 
They were fun to paint and super easy.


On a completely unrelated note, we tried Thai cooking, with a recipe for
Pad See Ew, that I found on the RecipeTinEats website.  The chef, Nagi has
recipes for several of our favorite Thai dishes, including Pad Thai &
 Drunken Noodles.  The Pad See Ew below was delicious, so we'll be
trying her other recipes.   No, I have no connection to her or the website.
I just wanted to share it because the recipe was sooooo good!


Well, today is a busy one so time to get going.  What are you up to?
Have a good week! 

 
(I'm joining in Jann's party at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson~Share Your Cup)

11 comments:

  1. LOVE the candlestick holders! Very unique!!! Your sunflower painting is perfect! I think you are a talented painter!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and graphics on that tablecloth! For the first time, a sunflower grew in my yard this year. I've never had luck with the seeds I've planted over the years, but a bird must have dropped one of the seeds from the bird feeder and as luck would have it, it landed in one of my deck boxes and grew...and grew...and I let it grow because I was curious what it would be! If I had any painting talent at all I should have done a painting like you did. Thanks for the recipe, next time I'm craving Thai food I'll head right to that website :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty tablecloth. I love blue and yellow together and those candlestick holders are a fav!! Gosh it's going to be fall before we know it. Trying to enjoy these last days of summer flowers!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, the tablecloth is stunning, my friend! Definitely one of my favorites :)

    And those ladybugs made me giggle - they are too cute.

    Happy hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Pam, the vintage tablecloth is a beauty, and your sunflower painting and the ladybugs are just darling. The Thai dish looks delicious, too.
    What a pretty array of vintage tea towels you have collected, in your previous post. It's always fun to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Pam, that tablecloth is absolutely gorgeous!! And what artistic talent you have. The sunflower painting is so fun! I had some reseed and they were so pretty, but I just pulled them out a week ago. They weren't large and they were almost through. Miss seeing them out my front door window! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a festive tablecloth! I can't believe we are coming upon the end of August. Where did this summer go? Your ladybugs are adorable and well done on the sunflower painting. It's nearly time to think about fall crafting! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plate is perfect with your table cloth and I think the style of those candlesticks are so cool! You have done some pretty and fun crafty projects too, I love sunflowers, the rabbits ate all mine while they were still small :( Love those ladybugs, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those candle holders are so unique. Awesome! I love, love, love Pad Se Iew. It is one of my faves. When we were in San Francisco last year, our hotel was across the street from a Thai place that made the best Pad Se Iew I have ever had. I still dream about it. If I can ever get it finished, you are getting a shout out in my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that table cloth is one of my favs of yours! I love sunflowers too.. but have none here. for a while I collected sunflowery stuff.. but over the years I must have stopped and replaced it with other stuff.. I dont even know where it all is anymore. lol! YOur post makes me want to stop to buy some flowers today. plans for the weekend?? unsure.. its a toss between really cleaning.. or decorating for fall and halloween... have a great weekend!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the tablecloth and love the way you styled it. ALso love your tea towel collection in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.