Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Finds, Friends, Fun & Fret: Olio

Hello!  I haven't posted in a couple weeks, so I have a
olio here...some fun, some causing me to fret. 

First fun.  Our town Historical Society was selling Peonies for a
$10 donation.  Yes please!  One of their members has over 100 Peony
bushes in her yard.  Do you grow Peonies?

I don't have any bushes, but next year I will!
So gorgeous.

I went to the local art school for a fun "art break" class.
We painted a sweet owl.  Do you like him? 
I am pleased with how he turned out.


I looked online for an abstract to sketch and paint.  Yes, it is
strange, but isn't it fun?  I am also happy with how this turned out. 
 (Sorry I can't share a tablecloth today, but the dining room is
doubling as my studio right now.  Smiles.)

Okay, time for a little fretting.  I hadn't realized that Virginia had a
monsoon season, but it has been raining for weeks.  Finally today we
will see some sun, but is it too late for our garden?


All this water might be good for a rice paddy, but will likely rot our plants. 
We're hoping for good sun and some heat so the saturated ground can dry up.

So much work and expense has gone into this, Mr. Retro's fun project.
Praying at least some of it will survive. 

Back to fun with an interesting find.  This vintage piece is made by
Stanfordware, Sebring, Ohio.  The factory existed from 1945 until
1961 when it was destroyed by fire.  A fun thing about this piece is that
it still has the paper label stuck to the edge.  It is an unusual shiny silver,
giving it a dramatic flair.  Don't know if it is a planter or a centerpiece,
maybe for a console set.  Need to do some more research. 


Fun gifts from friends!
This State of Virginia souvenir towel is great!  It is a reproduction, have
never seen a vintage one.  Gift from a friend who came for the weekend.

Beautiful vintage linen napkins with a southwest theme.
Sweet gift from a linen-loving friend.  Love the vibrant colors.
 I will be using these for a southwest themed tablescape for sure!

I'm still cleaning out - keeping less and donating more.  I came across
this salt and pepper set I've had since 1997.   Honest.  I used to collect
S & P sets, but only have about a dozen now.  Still have the original
box, made by Treasure Craft. 

What do you think, keep or sell?  I love kitsch so it might be
difficult to part with Marge & Homer.

Mr. Retro is working on restoring a vintage camper, one of those cute
 egg shaped Casita campers.  I just had to buy this vintage postcard when I
spied it at the flea market.  It will hang in the camper one day.


I hope something here made you smile, there was more fun than fret.

Oh...final fret....
I'm having a little procedure tomorrow involving anesthesia, which
always frightens me....send me a good thought if you would.
 
 UPDATE:  My procedure went well and I am doing fine.
I really do appreciate & thank you for the prayers & thoughts.
Hugs, Pam

 

15 comments:

  1. Love your paintings, Pam, especially the 'Picasso'! The souvenir towel is great, too. My Grandmother collected salt and peppers and had a little glass cabinet full of them on her sun porch. She would let us pick out a few to play with when we would visit. Don't know whatever happened to them - I'm sure one of my many cousins has them. Hard to part with them.....Too bad about the gardens. We are having very cool and rainy weather here, too. All the weeds are flourishing. Hope you can salvage your plantings. I'll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings are awesome! I'll say prayer for you. Take care.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of good thoughts for tomorrow!! Hugs too! Love the pottery and the post card, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the peonies! I need to get some to plant! They smell so good! I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow! I know what you mean about the anesthesia...I'm always nervous too, but I'm sure you'll be fine! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, sending up a prayer for you that all will be well tomorrow. Love your paintings!! The newly acquired linens are nice.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tons of good thoughts headed your way!

    Love the paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you! Hugs and prayers too! I'm super impressed with your paintings and you need to share a picture of the camper that your husband is restoring! I'm so curious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of positive thoughts headed your way! Love your paintings. My grandmother learned to paint when she was in her 70s, and it turned out she was quite talented. Peonies are on my list for the new house, near a fence that's covered with wisteria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of fun in this post! I do love peonies and have a few bushes in my yard thanks to the previous owner. Your artwork is fabulous! I think you should decorate your new camper with them. That planter/centerpiece is funky and I love your linens. Marge and Homer are cute! I have been finding a lot of vintage salt and pepper shakers lately, but I am selling them. I have no room to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im glad your procedure went well. Im a bit of a fretter at times myself. Im excited for you about the camper your husband is working on. I would love to have an old vintage camper all cuted up. I would keep it stocked full of craft supplies and spend weekends at the lake crafting!
    Im glad youre having fun painting! I have done no crafting at all lately. in fact I have bear orders that I need to work on and just cant seem to motivate myself to do them!
    have a great weekend my friend!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that your procedure went well, and that you're fully healed soon. $10 peonies, be still my heart! I can't get enough of them... It's a struggle every June as I try not to let them take over my Instagram! So much fun in this post 😊--Fran

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pam,

    I love the peonies. We have quite a few of them that were here when we moved in but most of them are white. I prefer the bright coloured ones. You should definitely get one. What a shame about your gardens, are you able to scoop some of the water out? I love your paintings, great job! Hope you enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your paintings are amazing! Maybe when I retire I could add classes to my list! Hope you will share your vintage trailer updo with us! Glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your paintings turned out great Pam, and I love that silver container thingy. I grow peonies, and they smell heavenly. They're a little messy when the flowers wilt away, but they're worth it. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Charm. P.S. I hope your procedure went well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.