Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Teacup Exchange & Beautiful Old Quilts

Tea Cup Exchange!

But first...
The local library had these beautiful old quilts on display the
last time I visited.  I wanted to share them with you. All were
made by local women.  So lovely, so filled with memories
and made by loving hands.  Hope you Enjoy!



Happy to share again what I received in Stephanie's Tea Cup/Mug Exchange.
Our hostess, who blogs at The Enchanting Rose Tea Cup Exchange has the most
wonderful exchanges a couple times a year.  Please use the link to
the reveal to view the gorgeous exchange packages.  Beautiful eye candy!
 
I received my delightful package from Barbara, who lives in
Fort Worth, Texas.  She wrapped the gifts in pretty fabric, how sweet!

Such a thoughtful package.  A gorgeous teacup which will be treasured!
She included a Laura Childs teashop mystery, notecards, shortbread,
teacup doilies, a spoon, and an amazing teabag wallet.

She made the wallet from vintage tablecloths & fabrics.
I just love it, am amazed at her skill and thoughtful
generosity.  Thanks so much to Barbara, who made this
exchange a superlative one for me!
& Thanks so much to Stephanie, our fabulous hostess!

I am rushing off to an art class this morning, which reminds me I had
something else I wanted to show you.   How cute is this peg doll scene? 
A talented local artist I know used the peg doll she made to create this 
diorama using a cigar box. Cuteness factor off the charts!
So sweet! 
Enjoy a beautiful week...spring has definitely sprung here with
temperatures going into the 80's!  Spring planting time! 


12 comments:

  1. Hello, Yes it was really nice to enjoy the gift of giving and to see all that was sent to us! Each package was very special with there cups and an extra gift to make it really special! I know I sure enjoyed mine!! Thank you for such a beautiful teacup I really just loved it! And all the extra gifts were much appreciated, Thank YOU... I do hope we can keep in touch and and stay friends through the wonderful world of blogging!
    Have a great day! Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old quilts! That teacup exchange is always a good one. Love all your goodies.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old quilts are the best! Gorgeous old patterns and so lovingly made! My grandmother was in a quilting group for 50 years! They met every week in the church basement, I still have several of those quilts! The teacup exchange looks like a fun idea! And that little peg doll diorama is adorable! You always have the best posts! Enjoy your nicer weather! ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Pam~~Your tea cup is stunning! It sparkles in the photo even.
    Barbara sent you some lovely gifts, from that teaspoon, the note cards, tea wallet to the teacup doilies, all so beautiful.
    Enjoy your treasures~~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful gifts you received, I love that tea cup. It's so pretty! You were definitely spoiled. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty fancy teacup and fun extras. We are having light rain and we need it.
    Thank you for the birthday wishes.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloggers are so very generous. It has been a lovely swap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those quilts! Fabric yo-yos made from feedsacks are always on my to-do list, maybe someday I'll have enough to put together a quilt. You received quite an assortment of goodies for your teacup exchange! The teabag wallet is awesome. Have fun with your planting and enjoy your day!! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Pam, those quilts took my breath away! The yo-yo quilt is a work of art!

    Your delights from Barbara are so pretty, my friend! That tea cup is one of the most elegant ones that I have seen.

    Thank you so much for joining the exchange again. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice idea to wrap the gifts in fabric, and yes, that little diorama is wonderful! Beautiful attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful package! Your teacup is a beauty and Laura Childs' cozy mysteries are always a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pam...being a quilter, the quilts were beautiful to look at. And your tea cup is so elegant. Love the gold throughout. And who wouldn't enjoy a good tea mystery along with her favorite cup of tea? Enjoy your goodies. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.