Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Cinco de Mayo Vintage Tablescape

Time for a tablescape, and since I love a holiday table
I decided to share a festive table for "Cinco de Mayo", a day for
celebrating Mexican heritage and named for winning a battle in 1862.

The vintage tablecloth was made by Springmaid, Plaza Line. So colorful and festive! 


The centerpiece of my table is this midcentury modern ceramic red bull.
The maker is unknown to me.  Such a cool & fun piece!  

Also on my table is a vintage Hull teapot, creamer & sugar set.  Unfortunately
it is damaged, but worthy of the table.

Once again I have paired a vintage tablecloth with vintage Hazel Atlas.  
The dishes really enhance the colorful designs of printed tablecloths.
Celluloid or Bakelite handled spoon & knife even match.
 
Most here is vintage, but not everything.  The striped glasses and the
flatware are new and from the dollar store.  Cool surprise to me!
The colorful S&P shakers are not Mexican theme, confirmed
by their name - Montego Bay, but they are too colorful
not to use here.  Made by Clay Art 1990s.

Hope you have enjoyed my Cinco de Mayo table.  I plan on making a
Mexican dinner on the 5th, and will enjoy leaving my dining table set for the week.

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your weekend, as they pass was too quickly! 
Planting the rest of my flowers and vegetables is first on my list.  How about you? 

9 comments:

  1. Hi sweet friend! My oh my, your tablescape is so fresh and fun - I love it! And the bright colors brought a smile to my face.

    Wishing you a beautiful Sunday. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I love love that tablecloth! It is so fun and you hit it perfectly with your tablescape. You always have such great decorating in your tablescapes.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your table! That Hull set is awesome and I love your colors! ~ Rheta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tablescape, that bull is the perfect finishing touch!! I've seen so many Cinco de Mayo advertisements and posts that have me making (and eating) too much guacamole over the past few days! Planting my flowers and herb garden is on my list, but unlike you I'm just starting! It's raining here today, I just ran outside during a break in the rain and planted 6 perennials before it started up again. Aren't you lucky to be finishing up! Have fun! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun theme! Love that tablecloth and the red bull is superb! Have a wonderful dinner party, I'm sure your guests will be delighted! We've had a long week of rain and cold temps, finally the sun is out! Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a festive and fun table! I love it. Mexican food is my favorite....I could eat it every day! I need to decide what I'll cook for Cinco de Mayo...so many choices. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo!la!.. so pretty and festive. And yes ma'am I am anxiously awaited fresh veggies, our little garden is looking promising. And thank you so much for your visit and kind words at blog LivingOn Loblolly Lane. I will be following you, Welcome anytime and I eespecial appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I say this every time, but this one is my favorite so far! I have the same tablecloth but I don't think it's a bright as yours.

    Headed to the Dollar Tree today to find some of that flatware!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.