Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Easter Dessert Tablescape!


 I know this is a busy week for most people.
 Getting ready for Easter, family and spring.

 I decided to do an Easter dessert tablescape.  Hope you enjoy!


I was in the mood to bake a cake and this easy Lemon cake
seemed a good choice for a quick spring dessert.


Lemon Cake

1 yellow cake mix, 1 lemon gelatin - 3 oz, 4 eggs, 2/3 cup water, 2/3 cup canola oil.
(optional: tsp. lemon extract)
In large bowl combine all. Beat on low 1 minute, then medium for 2 minutes.  Pour into
greased tube pan.  Bake 350 for about 38-40 minutes.  Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool on rack. 
Glaze: 1 cup confectioners sugar, 3 tbsp. lemon juice. 
Drizzle glaze over warm cake.
Cool before cutting.  Extra good with a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!


I used this gorgeous vintage tablecloth by JS&S.  It looks like Easter to me!


Hazel Atlas cups, and a pretty gifted Johnson Brothers cup in the middle.
 Avon candlestick holders recently thrifted.  Very old bunny planter.


I scattered a few enamel flower pins around the cake for fun. I used a few of my
favorite Easter decorations, some I received from friends in swaps.  Love the vintage
bunny candles I got from Kim and the little chick basket that Sandy made me.

Did you notice the rabbit candle huggers hanging on? Cute!


I am also sharing my tablecloth loving friend Joan's Easter tablescape...
because it is too cute not too! Gotta love those chickens, and just
look at her fabulous candlestick holders!

 Wishing all of you a blessed holy week and a very Happy Easter!

Linking with Vintage Charm
Enjoy visiting the hosts and participants! 

18 comments:

  1. Absolute perfection! And thank you so much for posting the lemon cake recipe. I love anything lemon!

    Happy Early Easter!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter! I love that table cloth!! So cute with your bunnies.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Pam! I love that tablecloth! I have it in my stash. I think I'll have to dig it out soon!

    I'm making that cake. I love love love LEMON!

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I love is that trio of little hopping bunnies! Happy Easter to you, not much activity here Mr and I will be home alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty tablecloth and it sure does work for an Easter setting. I LOVE lemon cake..thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Happy Easter to you.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe! This is the perfect time of year for lemon everything!!! LOVE your tablecloth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You KNOW I love lemons and that cake looks so yummy! The enamel pins are a sweet touch. I hope you have a wonderful Easter! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table looks gorgeous!! Love the pretty table cloth and your sweet dishes! Yummm your lemon cake sounds so good, I can almost taste it from here! :) Wishing you a Happy and Blessed Easter! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vintage Easter table is adorable! Love that vintage floral cloth too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable, Beautiful, Cute, Delicious!
    Happy Easter! ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous...the tablescape and all the lemon cake! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table is lovely. I especially like the little chick basket and the bunny candle huggers. Using the enamel pins with the cake is a great idea. Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, very pretty tablesetting! I had to go look over and over again! I don't bake much - but, I think I could do your yummy cake. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table looks beautiful, so spring like. I love all the Easter bunnies. That cakes looks delicious, I love lemon cake. Enjoy your Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, that lemon cake looks divine! I bet it tasted just as good as it looked {{smiles}}

    Your table is simply delightful, my friend! It's very festive and fresh for spring and Easter.

    Speaking of Easter, may you have a blessed day! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your table looks fabulous Pam! So perfect for Easter and spring. Love that you decorated your cake with vintage brooches. That's so fun! Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A cool Easter Dessert presentation! It’s looking delicious and really can’t wait to try it at home. My son’s birthday is about to come and would like to host a DIY party at local venues. I am sure he will love this dessert.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.