Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Vintage Valentines Galore!


I love them, have bought many, and have luckily been gifted by friends.
I once found a dealer selling them for 25 cents each...BOOM, instant collection.

Here are some closer photos so you can enjoy the graphics.





You probably spied a few post cards and greeting cards too.

This honeycomb valentine is made by Beistle, 1930's era. 
 
"Oh could you touch that heart of thine
to be my little Valentine"
 
My Sweetheart's Valentine

"I don't know how to quite express
How much I love you, Dear,
I only know it's happiness ~
Just to have you near"
The card is made by Gibson and dated 1935.

Vintage postcards ~ postage dates of 1927, 1914 & 1908!
I love to read the messages and imagine someone receiving it 100 years ago.
That may be weird to some of you, but it warms my heart reading the
personal messages on these cards.

I added tablecloths with "red" in them to my ladder, and hung a
vintage Valentine hankie over the top of each one. 

Sweet ladder Valentine décor!

"Upon my heart, I do declare I think it will be fine
If such a charming miss as you
Would be my Valentine"
Really, how could a girl say no to that request?

Notice I've used my dog lover mug, but I am also a cat lover. 
Meet Ms. Tina, who belongs to my friend Joan.  She calls her "bad kitty"
for jumping on the table, tee hee, but isn't she just the sweetest?
& Isn't that vintage tablecloth also the sweetest?

Ms. Tina loves tablecloths and likes to get a good look.  Joan uses a sheet
of plastic over her tablecloths for protection from bad kitty from spills. 
Thank you for posing for us Ms. Tina!

Lastly, I am sharing a past Valentine tablescape. 

Happy Valentine's Day Friends!

Linking up:



19 comments:

  1. What a fun collection of vintage Valentines!! Love to look at these and read the cute sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection! Don't they make you happy!! "Bad kitty" on the table!! You set a pretty sweet Valentine table!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over your cute valentines! What a wonderful collection. Of course, I have picked out some that I really like! Your kitty wants to share the love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a great collection! I especially love the sweet little indians.

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great instant collection! I'd love to happen upon one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! You have such a fabulous collection of valentines. Love your tablescape too. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's Day, Pam! You have a great collection of Valentines, the postcards are my favorite and I have to say I would rather have them written on than blank and pristine. I love to read what is written! Hope you are having a good week :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love vintage ephemera! A charming display of tablecloths and hankies to bring Valentine spirit into your home.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like all those vintage valentine cards I think I only have maybe 4 ?
    Ms Tina looks like my male cat Shirlee
    You have a great looking valentine spread there

    Happy Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps my follow button is on my side bar
    maybe blogger was having a moment and it wasn't there for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are really vintage, aren't they? Most of mine are from the 1950s and 1960s. Beautiful! And I love your sweet ladder display as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow that is amazing you found such old valentines! Pretty tablecloths with the hankies, pretty way to display them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. O my ,i in love with all your beautiful cards I think I have a few put away. I keep saying one day im gonna gwt them out but havent. I do the same thing with my table cloths, though I dont habe a bad kitty I have two little bad grandsons lol but their cutie pies. Inenjoyed your post very much thanks for sharing with lobe Janice

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a great collection of Valentines.
    Love the Valentine ladder.
    Hope you have a great Valentines Day.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pam! I love all of your Valentine's Day eye candy! There is nothing more sweet then vintage Valentine's Day cards. Ms. Tina is a cutie too! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card collection, they are all adorable! I see one with a cute kitty in a barrel that is super cute! Such a cheerful display of Valentine goodness! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I wish I could sit at your pretty table! Makes me feel you with the memories of those Valentine from my childhood. Some of them are such a hoot. Happy Valentine Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those old sentiments and your tablecloths! Miss Tina is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your collection, Pam and I would really enjoy reading the messages too... just like old books with things written in them. It's fun to imagine who was using them all those years ago. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful collection at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.