Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 1, 2016

Vintage Candleholders & Happy Mail!

Just in case you thought my only collection was tablecloths, I am
sharing another.  The two really are related.  Vintage candle holders
 just belong on vintage tablecloths.  Warning: long and wordy with lots of photos!
 What do you call them ~ candle holders? or candlestick holders?
I call them beautiful & addictive.
 I thought my entire collection was on this table, but then I found a few more I will
share at the end.  Also, I have about 6 console sets - center bowls with pair of
candle holders - which I will show you in a forthcoming post. 
 My pride and joy, Dolphin candle holders.  Several companies made them.
The true antique in canary yellow can sell for more than a thousand dollars.
My yellow and clear crystal are made by Imperial Glass for the
Metropolitan Museum of Art, and were sold as reproductions in the 80's and 90's.
 They are marked MMA.  Fabulous and well made, and so glad to have them. 
The milk glass have not been positively identified yet.

 The black glass twisted style by  USA Glass/Tiffin. 
The modern looking pair are newer studio style. Very cool.
The orange glass may be Cambridge, and the tall amber Paden City,
Tiffin or Cambridge.  Take your pick! 

 The fabulous yellow with black are Cambridge or maybe Indiana,
the middle painted ceramic are Andrea by Sadek (1980's), and the
beautiful blue are Jeanette Glass Co.

The white swirl made by Westmoreland, the green Moon & Stars design
by L.E. Smith, and the pink & white are Anchor Hocking "Oyster and
Pearl" design.  They also made these in green...on my list.  
Clear glass, no less beautiful.  The large double holders are L.E. Smith,
as are the small square, named Manhattan, a very popular art deco design.
Left front is Berwick by Anchor Hocking, though over time they have
come to be known as boopie or ball edge.  


 Difficult to see, but the pink on the left have a gold edge.  These are by
 Central Glass Works of Wheeling, WV.  The blue are by Fenton, known
 as hobnail swirl.  The sweet green are Florentine by Hazel Atlas Co.

First, Fiesta. These are coveted by collectors.  Mine are not antique,
but from the 1990's when Homer Laughlin reissued them in green.  Next a
mid century modern pair that I'm sure were part of a console set.
Someday I'll find the matching center bowl.  Lastly, sweet
yellow McCoy, which I showed as a recent find. 

The 3-toed lotus yellow and 3-toed petal red are both by Fenton Glass. 
The gorgeous cobalt blue with silver accent were a gift, and are a
favorite, maker unknown. 

 The crystal on the left are used as wax catchers and can
enhance the look of the candleholders they are used with.
The squat green beauties are Blenko Glass Co.
 Whew....am I done?

I thought I was until I was putting them away and found I had missed
these!  The front set are amber by Cambridge.  The pink ruffled are Anchor
Hocking from the 30's, and the green lotus stems style is by Westmoreland
Glass.  I am blanking on the crystal pair, and only know that the metal
pair are made in Spain.
 

  THANKS for sticking with me through so many photos. 
I hope along the way you saw something you have and wondered about.  
 Remember that sometimes more than one company used the same mold.  My ID's
 are not written in stone, just information I have obtained from collector books, online
or from the sellers.  Take them as you may!  Offer info if you have it!

Saved the best for last!   Not ending before I share some Happy Mail,
Sweet Debbie of My Vintage Daydreams blog sent me Valentine goodies. 
We met as swap partners a couple years ago, and became blogging friends. 
Debbie is very generous and has sent me lots of happy mail. 

Remember this gorgeous tablecloth?  A gift from Debbie last spring!


Here is my fun happy mail.....
I think I need to frame the "Orange you..."  Too cute!  Debbie does
 the best posts on holiday home décor, so give her a visit if you are not
a follower already.  Thanks so much for the Valentine "love" Debbie!

 My Valentine tablescape will be ready for my next post.
What are you up to?  Whatever it is, have a great week!

(PS/ I am working on an Etsy shop.  Part of my
downsizing resolution.  More later on this.)

Linking with:

&

24 comments:

  1. Wow! I had no idea that you had so many candle holders. Food tastes better under candlelight. Smile. Another fabulous collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Etsy shop?!?!? YAY! I am so excited, sweet friend :)

    I just love your collection of candle holders - very pretty and unique.

    Wishing you a wonderful week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful collection! I always enjoy your tables and yes notice you use candlestick holders often. I am in love with several that you shared. Cute Valentine's! Sweet friends we meet on blogging!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! Well, after all you have to have the right candlesticks to go with the color scheme of your many tablecloths...right? I have the gold moon and star that were my Grandmothers. I also have her double american fostoria and silver candlesticks. I love the fiesta ware ones. Thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! thats a great collection! I think I have one pair of candle holders, like from walmart! well, now my eye will be on those too! LOL~
    have a great week
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely collection you have and I did think you only collected linens! Yippee..a etsy shop! Debbie is for sure a lovely and kind blogging friend.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun collection and the perfect go along for your gorgeous tablecloths! I have one pair of these in matte aqua by USA Pottery. I found them at the thrift last year for 50 cents!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the sweet card! I still stalk your blog, though I don't post anymore! I remember those avocado green candle holders in the 6th photo! Mom had a paid and they sat on our piano!

    Happy Valentines Day!

    xoxoxoxo

    LBP

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful collection you have gathered, Pam! Something for every occasion! I am partial to the colored glass - the blue Fenton, the green lotus Westmoreland, and the red Fenton, but they are all stunning. I am excited that you are opening an Etsy shop! Sweet little goodies you have been sent. I will drop by your friend's blog. Hope your week is sweet! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my - glass candy! It's fun to see your table settings. I figured you had a candlestick collection, too! Debbie IS a DEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, what a fabulous collection! So many gorgeous candle holders, (that's what I call them)! Many I have never seen or heard of. My favorite has to be the depression glass and the blue fenton ones. I have a few small blue fenton pieces.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice collection. Never thought about all my candlesticks as being a collection. ;-)
    I rarely use candles on my dinner table now. One Christmas Eve several years ago as I was serving after dinner coffee, the sleeve of my sweater caught on fire. My brother-in-law was quick to help me smother the flames, and I was not burned. My sweater was a complete loss! Now I only use candles within a hurricane, but finding a hurricane to fit some of my favorite candle holders has proved impossible. Fun to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pam,
    You have a beautiful collection of candle holders, soooooo pretty and such a wide variety. I look forward to seeing future posts showcasing them. Of course, I always adore seeing your tablecloth posts.

    Much love,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...dear Pam! Your collection is just incredible...both of vintage tablecloths and candlesticks! You have so many incredibly shapped and patterned candlesticks, it is hard to pick favourites... I love collecting things! {{Smiles}}
    And how sweet that you and Debbie continue to bless each other with lovely things...I love meeting new friends through swaps! Such sweet Valentine happy mail!
    A wonderful week further to you, Pam!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pam! You have a gorgeous collection of, I guess I call them, candlestick holders! I love the tablecloth that your friend Debbie sent you, so pretty! I bet your Valentine's tablescape is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are amazing! Love those Dolphin ones especially, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Pam! That'a an amazing collection of vintage candlesticks. Love the blue hobnail ones. Sooo pretty. I'd love it if you'd drop by and link up your fabulous collection at Vintage Charm. Hope to see you there. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great collection you have. I don't know a thing about candle holders or sticks! Thanks for all the info here. I may have to keep an eye out for some while pickin'!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoa! What a fabulous collection. You really made me think about what I call them, I have always just said "candlesticks!" But I suppose the shorter ones could be called candle holders. I like the blue Fenton hobnail swirl and the ruffled '30s anchor hocking best. Hope you have a great weekend, we got about a foot of snow today, hopefully you were in the clear! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful pieces, every piece is so unique. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  21. My gosh Pam that's quite the candleholder collection.
    The square red pillar candleholders are my favourite.
    Have a great week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love the Cobalt ones and the red flower ones!!! What is the name of your Esty shop??? Can't wait to go there!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, finally, DH will be ecstatic to learn that someone else has more candle holders than I do, LOL!! I have collected depression glass, clear candle holders for a long time. I used to have that same green Moon and Stars, several pieces including candle holders, and several more display pieces and a fruit stand. Thanks for sharing your outstanding collection.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your candle holder collection is just amazing Pam. Thanks so much for sharing it at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.