Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 15, 2016

Foodie Fruity February

Daylight savings time is only about a month away, and we can
take heart that since we made it to mid-February, we will
surely make it through winter!

I love using bright tablecloths this time of year, and fruit themes are a
favorite.  Look closely and you will see the sweet bee buzzing around. 
 This apple tree theme is especially cute with the inner border of farm animals. 

Sweet lambs and ducks.  

couldn't resist sharing this past strawberry theme tablescape.
I expect to start seeing new buds on our fruit trees next month. 

I was lucky enough to attend a cooking class at a private home last week.
The theme was Farm-to-Table, and was centered around root vegetables
and greens.  We actually still have some greens growing locally.

This is what I saw when I first walked in.  The table was covered with a
vintage Wilendur Dogwood.  I was happy before the class even started!

The instructor made four dishes, all vegetarian & all delicious!
We started out with some crispy kale chips which were awesome.
Here are the first two dishes, pasta with swiss chard & arugula, and
a squash casserole.  The dessert was a very dense
chocolate cake made with pumpkin.
 She also made a winter squash soup and sweet potato gratin.
 IF the recipes turn out well when I make them, I promise to come
back and share them with  you.

I'm still cleaning out and donating, but I did  hit a couple thrifts with
 Mr. Retro.  I found these beautiful dishes for a few dollars, and couldn't
resist bringing them home. They are Wedgwood, pattern is Kashmar,  made
 1969-1987.  I'll be using them in an upcoming tablescape  for sure.


Hey, where did my snow go?
Don't worry Doyle, we're getting more snow today!
 
ADDED:  Promise fulfilled, lol. 

A new week already, hope you enjoy it! 
 
 
Linking with:
Roses of Inspiration @ The Enchanting Rose
(button on sidebar also)


8 comments:

  1. I love the bright tablecloths! These dark and dreary days need something pretty and bright. I'm hoping to get back to some cleaning out this week.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love your bright tablescapes, I am SO looking forward to spring! And
    PLEASE share your recipe for kale chips, every time I've tried to make them myself, they just taste like old leaves. I would love a good recipe! Glad that at least Doyle is enjoying the snow. We had negative temps today, but tomorrow is supposed to be 55 degrees! I hope it melts our snow. Enjoy your week! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tablecloths always make me happy. Those colors make the cold gray winter days better. Doyle looks happy no matter what the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love seeing your beautiful vintage goodness here! The tablecloths are so special and I love your new dishes. How fun to take the cooking class! Doyle is so cute. - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, the tablecloth with the lambs and ducks is just too sweet! I love it, my friend :) I like what Kim K. said about your tablecloths making her happy...me too!

    Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all, but I think my favorite is the first one. For some reason, it reminds me of my childhood. Maybe one of my grandmothers had one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness gracious! These are just incredible! I am in love with the one that has the little lambs on it! ... and anything Wedgwood should be treasured! Love your cheerful post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tablecloths always make me smile. They're so fun and colourful. Love the wedgewood. I haven't seen that pattern before. We're having a warm spell right now and much of our snow is gone, but it'll be back here too... before we know it. I guess Doyle likes the snow more than I do. lol. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.