Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Vintage Find & Valentines!

I was very excited over my latest vintage find!
It is a vintage runner & placemat set ~
Pride of Flanders ~ exceptional quality linen ~
Made by Weil & Durse ~  who eventually became known as Wilendur.

I'm not a placemat lover usually, but this set was so beautiful.
I found it at a new consignment store.  A member of the VTLC
was kind enough to identify it for me as Pride of Flanders.
This was probably made in the 1940's.

She told me she inherited a set of these same placemats and
runner from her grandmother, who gave them to her when she was in
high school.  It started her loving and collecting linens.  I love to
hear how collections got started!

So pretty, I had to set my table for brunch!




I haven't finished my Valentine crafting, but I'll share a few things
I made and a few things from last year.

The sweet girl is sitting atop a tart pan, all decked out for Valentine's Day.
She will be flying through the mail soon to a friend.
I love spoolies so had to make a new one. 

Finished a few cards. 

Pulled these cuties from my stash!  I made the 1st and 3rd, and the other 2 were made for me
in Valentine swaps.  I am ready to finish crafting and Valentine decorating.

 We may be getting 6 inches of snow tomorrow, or more, but I
am thankful not to be in the area of Virginia that is expecting blizzard
conditions and 2+ feet of snow!  I'll send out a prayer for them.

Are you crafting for Valentine's Day?  
Or finding goodies? 
 Have fun doing whatever you enjoy!

Doyle is!  Our snow is almost melted, so he will be
excited after the snow storm hits us tomorrow. 




Linking with:  Roses of Inspiration 
at The Enchanting Rose



13 comments:

  1. I love place mats so this set is right up my alley. So pretty and I love the sweet dishes you used on the table. Your Valentine crafts are so cute! I have some spools and keep thinking I'm going to make a spoolie but never have...one of these days I tell myself.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty place mats :) I need to make a couple Valentine cards soon! It's almost here. Doyle looks like he loves the snow! Keep warm.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo la la, I just LOVE the place mats and table runner - what a fantastic find, my friend.

    And your Valentine's crafts are oh-so-sweet. I have never made a spoolie, but have seen them and often thought of trying my hand at one. Maybe I will do that this weekend {{smiles}}

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You find the nicest things! Love seeing your pretty table settings. It would be nice to see them in person. I've had some fun too making Valentines. We just wanna have fun - right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ONe of the things I love about blogging and seeing what others collect and are interested in is that it causes me to notice things I may not have ever noticed before.. such as the placemats and runner. if I were out thrifting, I may not have given those a second look.. but they are lovely and look so pretty on your table, now I will surely notice things like that and possibly give them that second thought and at the very least... I will think of you when I see them!
    and your valentines creations and cards are sweet! I cant wait to do some crafting this weekend!
    have a great day!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty table. How fun to find another place to rescue vintage treasures! Love all your valentine crafting. I've been working on a few things along with our Chinese New Year decorations. Stay cozy. Sounds like this could be a wild storm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I have ever seen vintage placemats with a matching runner? How unusual and what a great find! We had snow but Greta does not seem to like it much..our other German Shepards would roll in it. Your valentines are adorable, you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I didn't think my spring fever could possibly get any worse, but those placemats are making me wish for April and flowers blooming in my garden. Instead I'm watching snow fall and wondering if we're really only going to get 3 inches as predicted (ahem, there's already 3 inches and it doesn't look like it will end any time soon)! Love the picture of Doyle having fun in the snow:) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. The placemats and runner are gorgeous, Pam. And the sweet Valentine dolls bring back so many memories. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh Doyle looks so cute in the snow.
    How lucky to find a runner and 4 matching placemats.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun little spoolies and pretty cards!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning, my friend. It's alwas a delight to have you at Roses of Inspiration. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. Hugs and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those Valentine cuties! I'm late getting here, so bet you're under a couple feet of snow! Doyle must be thrilled! Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.