Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Time for a Vintage Tablescape!

I haven't shared a vintage tablescape in a while.   After all the
Christmas bright colors I was looking for something a little
more serene.  Think I found it in this novelty tablecloth.
 
 I have several tablecloths that depict items that are normally on a table:
plates, silverware, bowls, tea pots, pitchers, and the like.  They are always
interesting designs and extra fun to set. 
 
 The vintage tablecloth was made by Sun Glo, and aptly the
pattern name is "Table Setting". 

The dishes are Red Wing and the pattern Magnolia.  I found them at a thrift
store last year and just fell in love with the hand painted pattern.
I didn't buy them.....but kept thinking about them, and went back to the store
 a few days later. Luckily they were still there, and the price was marked down.
It was meant to be!
 

I used Hazel Atlas Moderntone dessert cups, and sugar-creamer set.
The center free form serving dish is also Red Wing.  You have seen the
vintage green water glasses, Indiana Colony, in many of my tablescapes. 

 
Would you like to come join me at the table? 
 
I'll open a nice bottle of White Zinfandel.
 
  
Hope you are having a good weekend. 
 I happily did some Valentine crafting today. 
I am so happy in my big mess. 
 
 
linking with:
 


18 comments:

  1. I adore your lovely green table setting. Those Magnolia dishes are so beautiful. Valentine's will be here very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this might be one of my new favorite tablescapes from you, sweet Pam. I love them all, but this one really stands out in a beautiful way. Those dishes - just divine!

    Thank you, sweet friend for the lovely visit to my blog this evening. I always adore hearing from you. Happy Sunday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! How many sets of dishes do you have? You make me want to go thrifting! sadly, I hardly ever even set my table.. maybe I will do that soon. happy sunday my friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so many as you think! I buy 2-4 cheap plates at thrifts and yard sales just for tablescapes and then redonate them. If I pay a little more, as in this case, I'll keep them awhile. Every piece I got of this set is on this table, so very incomplete, but I can use the 4 dinner plates a lot. :) Pam

      Delete
  4. Those colors are so bright! That would make the perfect Spring table setting!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I do love your new dishes. I am very curious too, to see what you made for Valentines Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am on my way to join you at this table!! Love love those dishes and the table cloth is perfect with them. I love wine also! :) Happy crafting.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! All your dishes are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tablescape, Pam! When I first saw the tablecloth, I wondered what china you could put on it that wouldn't be too "busy," but busy works! A perfect combination that reminds me to be bold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that tablecloth still looks gorgeous.

    I know what you mean about the plates being destined to belong to you. If I see something and think about it later, then find it still at the thrift store later.....and even better, on sale..... it was defintely meant to come home with me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam, I'm here from Roses of Inspiration, and I can't believe we haven't already met! I adore the combination of the tablecloth with the china. Just gorgeous! A new follower! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't see your second comment before I sent you an email about your site address. The tablecloth is so pretty and not one I've seen before. A very lovely tablescape and I love a good tablescape. OK, now that you've asked me I would join you! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is so pretty! The plates are perfect and the green glasses are the perfect touch. A feast for the eyes! love it. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, those plates are so nice!!!
    Have a nice week,
    Hugs
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Green is probably my favorite color when it comes to decorating, and this tablescape is fabulous! Those glasses!! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty table. It would look nice here in Florida with all the greens we use in decorating. I need to get busy making Valentines! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet friend, just dropping in to let you know that this beautiful post will be featured at Roses of Inspiration tomorrow. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful retro table...I love the green! I had those same glasses only in harvest gold...got them as a wedding gift nearly 40 years ago. I gave them away when vintage wasn't even vintage...sure wish I would have kept them! I also recently started to collect vintage linens. You have quite a stash! Visiting from Roses of Inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.