Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Cute/Ugly Tablecloth & Thrifty Finds

I think I have too many photos in this post, but oh well.  :)
 I've had this tablecloth for many years but don't think I even like it.
 It was an emotional purchase, bought while on vacation in Daytona Beach, FL.

Mr. Retro and I have been known to stop at out of town yard sales while on
vacation.  All the more fun!  I spied this vintage tablecloth.  While I was looking
it over the woman kept lowering the price.  She was sweet and friendly, and
 I happily paid her $5. 
Tablecloth made by:  Parisian Prints, Pattern:  Country Sampler.

I'm calling it a Thanksgiving tablecloth because the folks look somewhat like pilgrims
and there is a farm, right?  But they also look somewhat foreign, so I don't know
 what to think.  I've always been on the fence about whether it is cute or ugly, lol.

 PLEASE vote in my poll on the sidebar and share your opinion, cute or ugly?
The poll is anonymous, so be honest!  ;)


 Mr. Retro surprised me with this sweet bunch of flowers.
 I think they enhanced my cute/ugly tablecloth. 



Then I changed the vase and candlestick holders to a Thanksgiving theme.


Okay, enough of this tablecloth.  Please join the fun and vote!

Finally...here are my thrifty finds from yesterday.
I spent $9 total.
Appears this vintage apron has never been used. 

I don't know if this apron is vintage, but it had to come home with me.

Mostly because of this saying.  Ha!

Set of I Love Lucy coasters in a tin,
featuring some all time favorite episodes. 

 Finally, this beautiful teacup made by
Old Royal Bone China, England.
So pretty and elegant. 


I got this platter in a big grab bag at Michael's last summer,
time to be put on display.
I'm definitely in a "Thankful"  November state of mind!
How about you?

14 comments:

  1. I personally think the tablecloth is cute but maybe it's just me! LOL!! The coasters are cute, I Love Lucy was my favorite show to watch when I was home sick. Made me laugh! It is time to be very thankful!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is cute and very fitting for this time of year. I voted for cute! Anywho, the new platter is pretty too! The coasters and aprons were such fun finds. Hope you have a great week!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh....I'm super torn about that tablecloth. It's cute in the way that it looks very much Thanksgiving, but it's also ugly because it's brown :-) So let's call it a tie!

    Have an awesome week~

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for any tablecloth. Loving that new platter too. Definitely feeling thankful this time of the year. How did it get to be November already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tablecloth makes me think of Butterprint pyrex for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to be so wishy washy but I can't decide whether that tablecloth is a yes or a no! That vintage (unused!) apron, however...yes, yes, YES! Glad to see that the vita-Meata-Vegamin episode is represented on the coasters :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is perfect for Thanksgiving! Your 'Give Thanks' platter would look great on it, too, I think! The apron is too cute! I hear there is going to be an 'I Love Lucy' Christmas special! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe we could have an ugly tablecloth contest, yours is bad but I have worse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your platter and I don't mind the tablecloth. I thought they were pilgrims at first too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving it all! I love aprons, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many nice things but the Lucy coasters how much fun.
    What a great husband bringing you the lovely flowers.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. I"m not sure if the tablecloth is cute, but it's not ugly! The flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Pam!! Oh, how I have missed you! How are you, my friend? I hope you are well and enjoying this beautiful month :) We have been getting snow and I simply love it! The more the better, I say.

    Your post brought a smile to my face and I must say that I think the tablecloth is quite cute....honestly :)

    Thinking of you, dear one. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Pam! It's Terri from your PL swap! I am so in love with your aprons. I love vintage aprons more than anything! I have two main blogs, by the way, Our Good Life and Christmas Tree Lane! Come and visit. I am mailing your PL swap today! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.