Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Christmas Begins! PL swap, Vintage Tablecloth & Broken Husband

Fa La La La La......
Time for the Christmas fun to begin!
First I want to share Christmas Pocket Letters.
Deb of Garage Sale Gal graciously hosted a
Christmas theme PL swap.
My partner was Terri of Christmas Tree Lane blog.

Here is the PL I made for Terri.  These are such fun to create. 

Showing the reverse, crafting goodies stashed
in the pockets.  Love the chalkboard tag. 

This is the sweet PL I received from Terri.  I love those little
Merry Christmas tickets, and yum...Chai pumpkin spice tea.

Terri used the front of the pockets to stash some crafting
goodies for me.  Thanks Terri

Time to display a vintage Christmas tablecloth.
This one is so cool, designed by Francis Dearden.
Thanks to my friend Gayle, I know it was made by
Town House.

 Sharing a corner close-up showing the signature. 


99 cent Poinsettias at Lowe's, so I decorated a large
wooden bowl with wrapping paper & filled it with the plants. 

A not so happy ending to my post...Look familiar?
If you have ever spent anytime in the ER it does!

Mr. Retro fell from a ladder at work.  He sustained a fractured coccyx,
known as a "broken tailbone", OUCH!  Then he drove himself home. 
Yikes, men!  When he got out of the car, he leaned against the car door 
and passed out.  I mean he just crumpled onto the gravel driveway. 
It scared me silly!

The next day I took him to UrgiCare,  who referred him to the ER for
treatment.  He is very sore, and "sitting" is not a comfortable option.
  Needless to say, he needs to rest as much as possible and all projects have
been put on hold, such as the bedroom rehab.  I'm getting quite used to 
living in chaos, though neither of us like it.  C'est La Vie! 

Well, that is my hubby's sad tail tale.  ;)
Please send him a good thought or a prayer for healing. 
Thanks friends! 

Has Christmas stuff begun at your house? 


Linking up:

15 comments:

  1. Ouch! I broke my tailbone once and I can understand how he passed out. I saw stars sometimes when I stood up or sat down. Healing thoughts going his way. I haven't finished my PL for the exchange yet but will get it done and mailed this week. Both the one you rec'd and sent are wonderful. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sending lots of healing thoughts to you & your hubby. I can't imagine how scared you must have been when he passed out! I hope he mends soon. My decorating frenzy has officially started here...two trees up, one to go! No tablecloths as lovely as yours, however! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! I would have been scared to death too! What the heck is it with men and injuries? My husband can be the biggest baby when he has a little cold but one time he fell through a soft spot in the attic all the way to the living room floor and still showed up to coach our son's basketball team! I didn't even find out about it until after. Get well soon!!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Happy thoughts for a this tale to end well!! I think those pocket letters are so creative and cute. I have never made one though. Just started decorating yesterday and today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor hubby...said a prayer for a quick recovery! Very sweet and fun Christmas PL that you made and rec'd! I'm mailing mine out tomorrow. I will show the one I rec'd in the next post. Another lovely tablecloth!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pocket letters are both too cute! I was so sorry to hear of your hubby's accident. I will most definitely be keeping him in my prayers. Poor guy! I fractured mine years ago when I was just a young teen...roller skating! Anywho, try to keep your spirits up.

    Hugs and Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pocket letters are cute. I am so sorry to hear about your hubby's accident. Ouch! Hope he heals fast. I love the tablecloth. Have a good week.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pam, how awful about your dear husband! I can understand why you would be scared silly....I would have been too! I will certianly be praying for him.

    The pocket letter you made for Terri is darling and my sweet friend, you are a pro at making them :) And the one you received is also delightful. I sent mine off to my partner yesterday and I had such great fun putting it together. Pocket Letters are addicting, aren't they!

    Thanks for joining the party this week. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam I was sorry to here about your husbands fall. The ER we spent a whole December a few years back there when my husband had knee surgery and got a infection not a fun place to visit.
    Those Christmas pockets are adorable. Love the tablecloth. Poinsettias I like the white ones myself but can't have them since my husband has a stupid cat who likes to eat plants and the last time she eat one it cost a grand total of a $1000.00. He really loves his cats.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor hubby! These Christmas pockets are such a sweet idea. What fun! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pam, so nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. So sorry about your hubby's fall. Saying a prayer for him. Love your pocket letter you created for your partner. Such a wonderful project and I hope I can participate sometime when I'm not so busy!! Love your tablecloth. What a treasure. Happy December! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a shame. Wishing your hubby a fast recovery. I know he will be in good hands while he is recovering.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch, oh my! So glad it was not more serious but gosh those tail bones hurt!
    Just wondering HOW MANY Christmas tablecloths do you have? I just love them! Those little pockets are a great idea. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor, poor hubby! Oh my goodness. My sister broke her tailbone in high school and I remember her horrible pain. I hope he really can rest and recover. Love your swap and all the crafting goodies she tucked in there. Have fun decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your poor hubby....that hurts just to think about! Hope he heals and feels better soon. I love the idea of the Christmas pockets. I may have some old cards I could cut to make some. Great idea! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.