Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, November 20, 2015

Catching Up!

  A QUICK CATCH UP! 
Getting in the Thanksgiving mode here.  I signed up for a
free event at our library ~ making a fall centerpiece.
The library provided all the greens, and we each were given a
small vase with a floral foam block.  We had hemlock pine, juniper,
ivy, holly, nandinia, rosemary and a few other greens.
Here is my work in progress.
We all followed the same general instructions, yet everyone's
centerpiece was different.  It was not only fun, but bringing
this sweet arrangement home was the bonus! 
 Double bonus ~ I can remove the fall flowers and replace them
with Poinsettias for a Christmas theme. 

Enjoying this fall color on the Crepe Myrtle, which is
a gorgeous summer bloomer.
 
Meet "Boss"!  Our neighbors new horse.  You can see the
pole barn they are building for his winter shelter.  He is
friendly and had just gobbled up a carrot treat from me. 
 

Mr. Retro has the wood all stacked up for winter. 
We will stay warm & toasty this year!

Well, I've rambled on long enough.  Hope everyone has a great
weekend, and a Happy Thanksgiving!  Thanks for voting in my
ugly tablecloth poll....I think the "ugly" is the winner! 


sharing with:
at The Enchanting Rose

10 comments:

  1. Pretty center piece that you made! We have a nice smaller stack of wood from the tree hubby cut down. We don't heat the house, it is to add warmth once in awhile in the winter. That horse look thin, good thing you gave him a carrot!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got a bad angle on the horse in my photo. He really isn't skinny and is well fed. We heat our home with oil, but supplementing with the woodstove makes so much difference. Toasty heat! :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun class! I would love to do something like that where all I had to do was show up, not provide anything, AND get to bring home something as gorgeous as you made :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. The arrangement is so pretty, what a fun class. Enjoy this rest before the holidays get going in full swing!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam! Your arrangement is beautiful! Like Linda said above, yes what a fun class! What a sweetie pie Boss is. Ask you neighbor if I can I have him? LOL! I would love to have a little farm with every farm animal imaginable, even a llama and a Tom turkey to keep everyone in line! They would be treated just family. Anyway, I'm sorry I missed your tablecloth poll. I'm being honest when I say that I LIKE that tablecloth. I think it's cute and perfect for Thanksgiving. You make the prettiest tablescapes Pam! Oh, BTW did you know that AMC film's one of their shows down by you. Have you watched TURN: Washington's Spies? AWESOME show! http://www.virginia.org/turn/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your arrangement! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Looking forward to seeing a post about your holiday? See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful arrangement! When I ran an afterschool program for a high school, one of the classes we offered was flower arranging. The kids always felt such a sense of accomplishment when they created something pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving! Your centerpiece turned out beautifully! Looks like you're all ready for winter with that firewood! We're supposed to have some snow by Thanksgiving! Not sure I'm ready for that! ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving!! My laptop doesn't seem to want to charge these days so I have missed catching up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, lovely lady! I trust you had a delightful Thanksgiving....can you believe it's now time to get ready for Christmas?!

    Your centerpiece is ever so lovely. I really like the sweet greenery. Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. I hope you're able to join us again this coming Tuesday. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.