Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Festival Thrifty Finds

 
 It's that time of year for fall festivals.  The smell of apples and
cinnamon is in the air!  All of our churches get together to hold
a fall festival to raise funds for the needy of the county.  Lots
of things are sold:  furniture, art, silver, ceramics, linens,
clothes, tools, crafts, plants, homemade jam and apple butter.
The list goes on and on.  Some items are thrifty priced, some are
auctioned, and there is even a silent auction.
 
We look forward to this festival every year, but I am trying to
pare down my thrifted items, not add to them.  I budgeted a small
amount for "fun" spending.  I behaved rather well, if I say so myself.  :)

Lovely candlestick holders, fall looking vase, adorable
violets mug, homemade blueberry jam and apple butter.
 
 
I  lucked out by finding a southwest themed vintage tablecloth, with
with colorful pottery designs.  I found this sweet embroidered runner also.


 Mr. Retro was the winning bargain hunter by far.
This patio furniture was part of the auction.   He bid the opening
bid of $25 and won it for the same!  What???  Two loungers,
two chairs and a small table. 
 
I realize it won't truly be appreciated until next spring, but how
amazing no one else bid on it.  Turns out it is made by Tropitone, an
 expensive line.  You know those loungers you see around hotel pools? 
Yeah.  We have about $1,000+ retail worth of patio furniture here. 
Of course used, but great condition. 
 
 
 Mr. Retro does it again!
 
 
 Doyle said ~  Please don't wake me up for photos, I'm so comfy
 sleeping on this cozy sweatshirt. 


Remember the bread class I was attending last week?  There were
 6 of us at a private home, around their kitchen island.  I wasn't able to take
photos.  We sampled some great breadsticks, made Foccacia and pita bread,
and enjoyed them with dipping oils & homemade hummus.

We each made our own pizza dough to take home.
Mine has some basil in it. I let it rise and made pizza
for dinner. It was  yummy!


Sharing another seasonal photo.  Isn't she cute?


Did you do any treasure hunting?  Or have some other fun?
It is unseasonably going into the 30's tonight.  Enjoy your "fall" week!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely finds! I haven't been doing any treasure hunting lately. I've been much too busy attending the boys' soccer games and gymnastics classes, but the fall weather is great for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME price on the patio furniture! Went to a bummer estate sale yesterday. Still trying to reduce the treasures that we already have and need to get to the booths!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great deal on the patio furniture, you just never know do you. I got a great deal on a 1940's Secretary and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great deal on the patio furniture! The bread making class sounds so fun and that pizza dough looks delish. I love oils for dipping bread and love hummus too. I have never dipped bread in it though. I may need to try that. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing deal on the patio furniture - I always buy stuff off-season and store it. Your bread class sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a like you had a good time and got some good finds.
    I like the seasonal picture.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam! You found some really nice stuff and I can't believe Mr. Retro got that patio set for $25.00! Your class sounded like fun and yummy too! I love going to flea markets and antique malls. I'm actually going to a haunted flea market this weekend that's turned out to be a tradition with my brothers, sister, BIL and husband. It's a lot of fun! It's been chilly up here, but it's going to be 72 today. Perfect lunchtime walking weather! Have a wonderful weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Score on that patio furniture! Good for you both. Your baking class sounds like so much fun. I'm loving that b&w halloween picture. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful finds - love the tablecloth and runner! The patio set is a real 'find'! Wow! Love when that happens :) I have to be careful what I bring home, too. Too many treasures and too small of a house! I am going to a vintage show in a couple of weeks with my daughter, though. It's in my town, so I can't resist! So fun to learn bread making.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this time of year too Pam! Your vintage Halloween picture, got me thinking... don't think my mom ever took any photos of us dressed up in costumes. Darn, I remember some pretty fun plastic masks... that's about as far as we got with costumes back then!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great finds. It has been quite a while since my last chance to look for fun finds and vintage items. I love the patio furniture. I will have to make it a priority to do a little bargain hunting. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pizza dough looks yummy! I'll bet the herbs added a nice flavor. Doyle looked so comfy all snuggled up, how do you restrain yourself from cuddling him...I'd never get anything done! Hope you are having a good week! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute pictures and post Pam.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is wonderful that all the churches get together and have that, I love it when churches work together for good of the community. You did very well and so did your hubby that is fantastic and at such a great price. My last find was at a fall festival we went to, a couple of ladies were selling items they had repurposed and one was a end table that was repainted to look old, kind of shabby chic and it was only $25, I had been searching for one at thrift stores to redo and they were all more expensive than this one that was already done for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pam, you always fine the nicest candlesticks!!! Love the patio furniture. Bet you can't wait for spring. Give Doyle a snuggle from me <3

    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.