Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 7, 2015

Pocket Letter Swap & Finds

I joined in a Pocket Letter Swap hosted by
Deb at Garage Sale Gal blog.  Thanks Deb!  Please visit
so you can see some exceptional pocket letters & her fun blog.

The theme was "Fall", and I had already been playing with
making some fall theme ATC's, but had never done a pocket letter.


It was so much fun!  It was my first, but I don't think it will be my last. 
I can show what I made for my partner, as she received it a week ago. 
A letter, crafting goodies are stashed behind
the cards. I packed these as full as I could. :)

A teabag or two should also be included, but mine were
too large, so I sent a few without tucking them in a pocket. 
My partner Sandy 521 Lake Street let me know she will be
mailing mine out tomorrow.  Can't wait to get it!
You can visit her blog through the link. 

Always have to share my linen finds!
This fabulous vintage tablecloth is made by Leacock.
The pattern name is "Hearts N' Flowers".
This beauty has been on my "want" list for a long time. 

It came with the original tag attached.


I couldn't resist this cool mid-century server. 
The bottom is marked Calif. USA S 59
I need to do a little research to find the maker. 
A couple sweet small plates, Denmark & England, and old bouillon
cubes tin.  Too sweet to leave behind for 50 cents each.
Hope your Labor Day Weekend was a good one;
whether spent at the beach, barbeques, or antique shops.

Hot hot hot here....I think I could be ready for fall. 
Have a great "short" week! :)

Linking with:
(on my sidebar)

15 comments:

  1. Your letter is on it's way! Picking it up tomorrow....My gosh Pam!!!! That tablecloth is unbelievable!!!! perfection and isn't it something when you find a brand new one like that???

    Happy for you !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so looking forward to receiving it Sandy. Fun swapping with you. :)

      Delete
  2. You made a wonderful pocket letter! I know you are looking forward to receiving yours! I had such a good time making my pocket letter also. It may have been my first but won't be my last! Love that tablecloth. Gosh your collection is just stunning. Do you catalog them somehow so you know what you have? Just curious.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I used to have them listed in index cards, many moons ago. I really need to catalog them because I do forget what I have. Tsk, tsk, lol.

      Delete
  3. Also wanted to mention that Calif mid-century server! Awesome find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pocket letter is just perfect! You certainly find unique tablecloths.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, and your hosting the swap gave me the incentive to try one. So thanks again!

      Delete
  5. Oh hot here, ready for it to cool off! Your pockets are cute. Pretty tablecloth and are those fiesta candlesticks? Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ann, you have a good eye. They are new Fiesta. I've had them a few years now and just love that deco style.

      Delete
  6. I have never heard of pocket letters but yours are cute.
    Another wonderful tablecloth.
    Hard to believe we are starting fall themes when it's still so warm.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous is your Fall~inspired pocket letter, dear Pam! And you are very creative...after seeing everyone's sweet creatons, I am thinking of trying one myself...so pretty and I know they'd make delightful gifts!
    Hugs to you...and oh! You always find such amazing vintage items...
    Have a wonderful Tuesday!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam! I love your pocket letter! You did a wonderful job!
    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Pam, what an adorable pocket letter, you are so crafty. I love that tablecloth, so colorful and vibrant.

    Hugs.,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pocket letter is adorable, and so it that tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pocket letter is adorable! I've never seen that done before. I always love your vintage finds too, you seem to find all the good stuff! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.