Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Hodge Podge at Best

Lately it seems I barely manage to get one blog post done per week.
That being said, my record is better than some of my blogging friends
 lately...whose posts I sorely miss.  That is all I'm saying about that. 
You know who you are. ;-)

Hope you enjoy my hodge podge today.  Won this oil painting at an auction. 
Flowers are always beautiful of course, but what enthralled me in this
 painting was the old Zenith clock radio on the table behind the vase. 
This photo was taken at the auction. 


We were on our way to an annual club cookout when we heard a loud bang,
which sounded like something hit the top of our truck cab.  While we were wondering
what the heck, we heard the "tink tink tink" of cracking safety glass.  The back
window shattered.  Needless to say, we headed home to change vehicles.
Scary!

Sharing a colorful vintage tablecloth that is just perfect for summer,
BBQ Shishkabob theme.  I paired it with a vintage Melamine bowl and Fiesta
candlestick holders which boosted the cute factor.   


My Sister mailed me photos she found with my Mom's things. Old photos are such fun.
Here I am in my St. Bernadette's school uniform, with a very bad haircut. 
Who cut those bangs?  I'm thinking my Mom or Nana must have. 
Not sure what grade this is either, 4th or 5th maybe, but it is a hoot. 
Class photo.jpg

 Making Eggplant Parmigiana for dinner, the old fashioned way.
It is truly a labor of love, starting with egg battered and dipped
 breaded slices, fried in a cast iron pan.  I guess the difference is my
Mom probably used Crisco, and I am using Canola oil. 

Not pretending it's health food, but it is so delicious I do the
frying thing a couple times a year. 


Like I said a hodge podge. 
Thanks for stopping by.
What are you up to this week? 


Sharing with:
Enchanting Rose



17 comments:

  1. Hodge podge is perfectly okay, because it gets us caught up on stuff that you've been up to. The photo reminded me that I was also often the victim of well-intentioned bangs trims when I was young. I think we all were. Maybe, subconsciously, that's why I like to keep my bangs angled ... crooked on purpose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm a once a week blogger now also. Life is so busy at the moment. I love hearing from everyone and try to keep in touch. Love that tablecloth! Fun for end of summer!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet hodge-podge - love the tablecloth and your cute school photo. Too bad about the window! I think we've all had bad bangs - I have them now! Thought I might like them, so cut them myself. Bad idea! Visiting from The Enchanting Rose. x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird about your car window just breaking! Fried eggplant...with cheese??? Don't think I've eaten it or fried green tomatoes...
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, eggplant parmigiana! That sounds good! I recently made eggplant lasagna. Love all the summer veggies! Scary to have your window break like that! Quite a few years ago, we were traveling behind a car full of older kids and one of them shot a BB at our front windshield. It cracked but did not break like yours and of course we had to replace it. I chuckled when you wrote about your haircut. We must have had the same hairdresser, LOL! Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier, much appreciated!!!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fried eggplant has my mouth watering, sweet friend :) Can I come over for supper? Oh, wouldn't that be grand to enjoy one another's company :)

    Wow, I can't believe your car window! Scary, indeed! I'm glad you were okay.

    And I LOVE the photo of you :) You are such a cutie patootie. Thanks for joining Roses of Inspiration this week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hodge lodge posts! And that tablecloth is AMAZING!!

    I am assuming (hoping) that I am one of those bloggers who's posts you are missing :-) I'll be back once the kiddo's are back in school. I promise!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are Erica! Looking forward to you coming back. :)

      Delete
  8. Hodge Podge is perfect! It's better than not getting a post done. I started out with daily posts...now I'm lucky to get two or three done in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK I did a post today! lol Am I one?
    Love your adorable tablecloth, just right for this time of year for cookouts. Glad you were not hurt when that glass shattered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ann, you are one! I'll be over to visit. :)

      Delete
  10. I love that tablecloth. I haven't seen one like it. Love your old photo. I have a lot of those too with very similar bangs! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh-oh, I resemble that remark about the lack of blogposts. Just dropped my youngest daughter off at school this morning so maybe I'll channel my loneliness into a proliferation of blogposts and I'll have you to thank! This was a terrific hodgepodge, not only did I once have a similar zenith alarm clock, I also had bad bangs (which looked adorable on you, I must admit)! And your eggplant parm looks totally mouth-watering....makes me want to pick up all the ingredients at the next local farmers market! :)--Fran

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pam! I agree with Erica. I love hodgepodge posts! That oil painting is beautiful and that table cloth is adorable! So what happened to your car window? How scary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a good hodgepodge going on here.
    That tablecloth really does say BBQ I really like the Fiesta candleholders.
    I like the painting it's bright & cheery.
    Like you I like old photo's. Your school picture is good mine never turn out that good.
    Have a great week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pam! I am one of those naughty lazy bloggers!! hahaha! Love that cute photo, just went through a bunch of old ones myself. So fun to look at those after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've missed you! Love this post! Well except for the shattered window part.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.