Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

"Touch-N-Tear" & Vintage Tablecloths

A quick share of a fun find!
I went to a church sale a couple weeks ago and was tickled to see
this on the table.  "Touch-n-Tear", automatic dispenser for plastic wrap,
wax paper, or aluminum foil. 
Imagine not only keeping this, but keeping the original box.  The woman's hairdo
and green color of the dispenser makes me think late 60's or early 70's.

Since I spent a whole dollar for it, I should use it, right?
 I think I'll hang it in my craft space to hold wax paper.
It's sort of retro cute.
 
I had just cleaned these fresh green beans, delicious...
and delectable in my new blue Pyrex bowl. 
 
Sure I'm going to show off the tablecloth peeking out under the bowl.
This is a well used, but well loved, vintage Simtex tablecloth.
It has seen many tables, dining to porch to picnic.
No worries about staining when we eat on this one, since it already
has stains, and a couple patches. 
 I thought these thrifted blue bowed candlestick holders looked sweet, and again
 the Pyrex bowl, with some yummy peaches this time.


I do love my vintage tablecloths!
 
I borrowed this cute image from the VTLC (Vintage Tablecloth Lovers Club).
I can relate!  :)
 
Doyle is enjoying summer with a cool swim in the lake.
He loves swimming & here he is fetching his toy duck.
 
Hard to believe it is almost mid August.  Enjoying your summer?
 

16 comments:

  1. Hi! That table cloth is really pretty. I love vintage things too! Especially tea cups. :)
    I hope you check out my blog and follow by email. I hope you enter my current giveaway too! :)
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how quickly this summer has gone! Ahh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never guessed you love vintage tablecloths! LOL! Love that funny image...perfect for you! Doyle is so cute! Is the lake near your home? Have a delightful day!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cloth! It reminds me of everyday dining! Just homey! LOL! Doyle is having a great time, wish I had a lake to jump in!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pam, the vintage image about table cloths gave me a good chuckle :) You are too cute, my friend. I get that way about tea cups and doilies.

    Thinking of you.... Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too can totally relate to that silly image!!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow when I saw that dispenser I thought hey didn't mom have one of those when I was a kid, so I would say your late 60's early 70's is probably right on :) Sweet tablecloth and I love that cartoon about the sales, my mom could sniff out a garage sale like nobody back in the day. Doyle looks like he is really enjoying summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm intrigued by that dispenser...of COURSE you should use it! Does it work? $1 well spent!! I'm pretty sure that whatever you happen to put in that lovely bright blue pyrex bowl is going to look fabulous. I love seeing Doyle enjoying himself in the water. I've had two wonderful dogs (Rosie & Gracie) that enjoyed swimming, but Gus & Clyde...not so much. Water equals torture for them! :) --Fran p.s. I love your vintage tablecloths too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam!
    I just love the vintage wax paper dispenser, I haven't seen one of those in years! Always love to see your pretty tablecloths too. It has been so hot here, I feel like going for a swim with Doyle in that lake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool paper dispenser and love the fruit table cloth. Doyle looks like he love the lake.
    warmly,
    deb
    partners for the fall pocket letter swap will be posted soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pam! I haven't talked to you in awhile, I've been on vacation. I love the automatic dispenser. You should definitely use it in your craft room! Love the tablecloth and the Pyrex bowel. Both are beautiful! I'll keep my eye out for you when I come across tablecloths at garage sales, estate sales, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pam! Oh I love church sales!! Sadly I haven't been to any all summer (yet) ;) Absolutely love the vintage table cloth image!!! That's so cute! I think I may need to borrow it too! :) Doyle looks so happy retrieving in the lake!! Hope you're having a wonderful week, happy weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty tablecloth and I love that cartoon!!! I think I have found only one vintage tablecloth all summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your graphic on your cartoon! You really do find the BEST things. Doyle looks very happy in the water. We've been in our lake as much as possible this summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok Pam love your church sale find Atomic Age words to my heart.
    Great bright summery tablecloth.
    Love the borrowed image.
    And Doyle looks like he's having a good time.
    Have a great week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would use it! That image was all over the Fiesta groups on Facebook. Love it! πŸ’™πŸ’™ DoyleπŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.