Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A Good weekend

August is slipping away quickly.  I'm tired of being hot, and
 almost ready for summer to be over.  But it was a good weekend.

A friend came to visit for the weekend.  That means eating,
drinking, shopping and gabbing...in other words fun!

We didn't buy much at the thrifts, but I did pick up this interesting
wildlife tablecloth.  Centered by the elephant, the corners host
lions and cape buffalo,
rhino and a leopard.
It has a 70's vibe to me, but I have no information on it.  It caught my eye at
the thrift and I think I'll have fun creating a tablescape with it. 
We also stopped at an antique mall, where I spotted this fab luggage.
No, it didn't come home with me, even though I was tempted.

After a fun day of thrifting and antiquing, we came home to enjoy
 a great summer meal of corn on the cob, grilled hot dogs,
and steamed crabs!  Yeah, we love crabs around here and it
sure is fun to sit and talk and crack them...delicious too.
Getting the picnic table ready here.
(That's Doyle in the grass way back on the left.)

Bring on those steamed crabs and pass me a hammer please!

My friend brought fresh peaches and made us a scrumptious peach cobbler
for dessert.  Oh yeah, and vanilla ice cream to go with it. 
We had to eat it to be polite.  ;-)

Doyle loves company, but doesn't like to be left at home.
I was getting dressed when he swooped in and stole my socks.

Bet I know what he was thinking:
Maybe if I steal Mom's socks she can't leave me.  Aw!
Soon Doyle. 
Soon it will be fall ~ ride along season ~ his favorite!

Happy mid-week, hope it is a good one for you. 

14 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a good visit with your friend sometimes a good visit can go a long way.
    The table cloth is interesting. I like the luggage you saw it would be hard to leave behind.
    Have a great week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like such a good time with your friend. I will be interested to see how you use your new tablecloth. I love love the luggage that you didn't buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lovely lady! Mmmm... your food looks delicious and has my mouth watering! And that luggage is absolutely fabulous :) Hugs to you, sweet Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do know how to have fun with your food! I can't wait to see what fun tablescape you come up with using that tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a fun time! YUM your eats look fabulously yummy!! I'm excited to see your table scape with that cloth! :) :) Doyle always puts a smile on my face :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see that you didn't use your tablecloth for the crab feast :) Looks like a fun filled weekend with yummy eating..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful weekend Pam! Nothing is more fun than eating, drinking, shopping and gabbing! The animal tablecloth is pretty cool too. My sweet Annie used to do the same thing as Doyle, but she would take my shoes! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That luggage! You have far more restraint than I do, my friend. And those crabs! I know I'm always commenting about how lucky you are to have those fresh bay crabs. Looks like you had a great weekend with your friend! Poor Doyle, I'm sure you gave him extra cuddles to make up for spending time without him :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if I could have left that luggage behind. Oh I missed Doyle also! My Ryleigh likes to steal socks also. I am glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.