Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, July 10, 2015

HOT ~ Tree, Tablecloth & Crafts

HOT HOT HOT.  I think it is as hot here in Virginia
as it was when we lived in Florida.  Just as humid too since we
are surrounded by water.  So besides enjoying the summer fun
outside, I've been playing inside too. 
Sharing....

Lagerstroemia.  Also known as Crape Myrtle, or as some prefer Crepe Myrtle.
I know I show this tree every year, but it is glorious!  You can see how large
it is by looking at the chairs and table in the shade under the tree.
 This is an amazing southern tree that blooms from July into September, just
depending on how long it stays warm.  Many a glass of wine has been enjoyed
sitting in those chairs.  :)

Sharing my current table.  This vintage tablecloth is unusual because of
its purplish colored fruit.  Not a color often seen on these tablecloths.
Of course I love the mix of purple, green and yellow together.
 
 I used the dish and candlestick holders that Mr. Retro found at an estate sale a
couple of weeks ago.  Here is a close up corner.  Bowls filled with luscious
fruit, joined by bows and ribbons.  What's not to like?

It has been so dang hot, I've spent some afternoons in my craft space.
Have you ever made ATC's?  I hadn't and wasn't really sure how.
I follow Kim at Art Joy Stuff blog.  She is crazy talented creative and
hosts the best swaps.  I have never had the nerve to join one
because the joiners are also crazy artistically talented.

Her recent swap theme is grunge in the Tim Holtz style.  I really don't
have a firm grasp on grunge OR Tim Holtz, but have some of his stuff.
I didn't join the swap but went ahead and used this theme and my
Holtz supplies to create my first ATC's.  Practice makes perfect, right?
Hoping I will reach the point where I jump right into a swap.  :)


Sharing a few other creations.  I redid this square cigar box to a flamingo motif.


Made a couple condolence cards.  Sorry I had to do that. 


Excuse these photos taken right on the craft table. 
another birdhouse

This box is still in progress.  The lid will be decorated.
The ducks are duck tape (too funny) and so are the flamingos.
I have only used this tape for sealing boxes before, but like the
way they both turned out.  There are so many cute patterns.
Do you ever use tape for crafting?

Fresh from the garden.  Want to come over for a tomato sandwich?


Whatever your plans, no matter how HOT, hope your weekend is full
of summer fun ~ inside and outside!

Off to do some visiting, which I haven't been doing much, due to a
 multi-day migraine headache...sigh.  Today is a better day.

9 comments:

  1. What a fun post Pam! I'm sorry to hear about the migraine that wouldn't go away! I'm glad to hear it's better today. Your crepe myrtle is so gorgeous! I rermember it from last year too and just can't believe how huge it is! I love Tim Holtz...I have several things from his line and even ordered some fabric to add to a quilt I am making my daughter. The table is beautiful as always and the tomatoes look scrumptious! Oh...I almost forgot...I love tape...washi tape being my favorite! Have a lovely weekend!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree and love that it blooms until September! I've been in an ATC trade a few years ago and it's fun to make small treasures. No, I haven't used tape for crafting. Sweet birdhouses.
    Happy weekend.
    warmly,
    deb
    HUMID here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hot here I can feel your pain of a migraine! I love the tablecloth, unusual colors! I haven't been doing much crafting but hope to get back to my art projects soon.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that your migraines are back. I hope you can continue to enjoy some crafting during your heat spells. Love your sweet birdhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, what a tree!! It's stunning, my friend .

    Awww... I am so sorry about your migraines :( You are in my prayers, dear Pam, as I know they are NO fun!

    Sending lots of love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must confess that I look forward every year to seeing your crepe myrtle! It never disappoints. How lucky are you! That duck tape is too cute, and I have to go searching for flamingo tape now. I have never used tape in decorating, but for flamingo tape I will definitely decorate with a vengeance. Hope your migraine disappears and that you feel better soon :) -Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam, Thanks so much for the shout out and I think you are ready to join. Your ATCs are great. Come back over to the blog and read all of the rules on the "Swap Info" page ( the button is under my blog header).
    btw, I use to suffer from frequent migraines, but since I am gluten free (3+ years), not a one.
    hugs and JOY,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you've been busy I totally hear you about the heat and it being humid that is what British Columbia has been like this weekend it has been cooler but still humid. Love the tablecloth. The tree is lovely I see why you would show it more then once.
    Have a great week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dearest Pam...wishing you a very blessed Sunday...it has been ahwile since I stopped by for a visit and oh! Have I missed your lovely, creative blog!
    You yourself are wonderfully gifted and creative and I love the thrifty finds you share...makes me want to go out thrifting:)
    What a gorgeous colour that tree is...oh! How I would enjoy sitting under it and breathing in the shade it has to offer...smiles... It is freezing cold here in South Africa where I live...quite the opposite to the weather you're experiencing in Virginia of late, I know! :)
    And you sure have been busy - such an adorable bird house, Pam!
    Have a wonderful weekend further and much love...
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.