Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 15, 2015

Attempt at "Sick" Humor

I am trying to maintain my sense of humor, but it is
becoming more difficult daily.

.    Today is day 12 of a miserable cold-cough-flu type virus
I picked up.  I have coughed so much I am thankful
to still have lungs.  Of course I passed this gem on to
Mr. Retro, and he now has the added attraction
of conjunctivitis (pinkeye).
So you see, we are not happy campers.  I have not been
able to attend sales.  I missed a huge estate sale last weekend,
and also an on premises auction...old farm house and
contents.  No weekend dinner out.  No picnic, beach,
boat or any other summer fun stuff.  
 Nothing but lots of rest and hopes to get well. 
 
 Oh, and they sent Mr. Retro home after he showed up
at work today.  Conjunctivitis...uh oh, very contagious.
 
 Do you think the minions could help?
We're desperate and we love these little guys.
 If you have any to spare, please send them ASAP!

The garden is producing veggies already, so will make
a healthy casserole for later. 

First harvest of Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Cucs,
Pablano, Banana, Jalapeno & Green Peppers. 

Time for my 3rd nap of the day.  Hope you
are enjoying summer days & don't forget to
lend your extra minions!  ;)


12 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing I hate summer colds ( I know it's not quite summer yet but it felt like it for 2 months). I hope you feel better really soon.
    Hoping your week gets better.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck ... as Denise says above, being sick when it's hot adds an extra layer of misery. If I had any minions, they would be doing chores around here. But I'd give them a few days off and send 'em your way!

    Take care of yourself and the Mr....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer colds are the worst. My SIL had has it and has been working still but he is exhausted. Feel better soon and back to those awesome sales!! Your veggies look so yummy.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you two get to feeling better soon and that you don't get pink eye. Ouch.

    Cool on the veggies. I have some grape tomatoes turning red but the other tomatoes are not very big yet. No peppers or cucumbers yet. My beans do have blossoms. Can't wait for fresh green beans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, having no fun - no fun at all! That's the worst part of being sick. Drink some ginger tea and take extra Vit. D. I don't know if it will work - but, I always do that when I feel sickly - makes me think I'm doing something to fix it, I guess. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little Minions are the cutest! I am so sorry to hear you are both sick...no fun! And, pink eye is so miserable...ugh! Poor Mr. Retro! I'm sure you are both ready to be free of this cold/flu! Prayers for you both! The veggies look tasty and I'm sure your casserole will be delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so sorry y'all are sick. I hope you get well very soon my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer that you aren't feeling so good. Sweet cherry linen under your fresh veggies.
    Rest up!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry you've both been under the weather. The germ fairy needs to leave your house! Thinking of you both! Your vegetables look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You poor thing. Being sick is one thing, but BOTH of you being sick is at least 4X as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh dear! I hope you feel better soon.. and mr retro too! It tis not the season to be ill! too many good fun things to do. If youre on day 12.. it just cant last much longer. feel better soon!!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.