Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, May 4, 2015

Vintage Tablecloth & a Box "problem"

I confess, I seem to have a problem....a container problem.
Especially a box problem.  I just can't resist them.

We all know how useful boxes are, so I decided to make my problem
work for me.  Sometimes the boxes are ready for use, or
sometimes they spend a little time at my craft table.

The sweet blue and white hat box I left alone.  It holds my lace
scraps for crafting.  The pink box was a thrift shop find, set of 3. 
I decorated this one for spring. 

I also found the same set of 3 in blue.  I decorated this one which
got sent off  to Vicky at Life on Willie Mae Lane 
when she won my giveaway. 
I love cigar boxes, but this one was pretty beat up.  I used both
paper and tape to pretty it up.  Love how it turned out. 
This one may be used for a gift.


My Mom lives at an assisted living facility.  She really doesn't need
anything, but she sure has a sweet tooth and loves candy.  I decorated this
box with a sweet ME image, lace and a few embellishments.
I filled it with her favorites, Reeses and Peppermint Patties, and off it went.


The last boxes I'll share today...well, I wonder how I managed without them.
I used photo boxes from Michael's to organize my craft supplies.

Mr. Retro put up the 4 shelves awhile ago.  I finally bought the last group
of boxes (they are on sale often), and finished sorting and labeling.
Hot Dang!  I can finally find what I'm looking for. 
Trying to keep my promise of  showing a vintage tablecloth in all my posts.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
This was my first ever Mexican/Southwest themed vintage tablecloth. 
It has a couple of mends and a few stains, but still beautiful.
The sweet tea towel was a gift from a friend. 
Close ups of the wonderful graphics.

Have a happy week my friends! 
What are you up to?

Joining the party:
Roses of Inspiration @ the Enchanting Rose

21 comments:

  1. There's my box! I love boxes too. They come in handy for so many things! Is there a holiday or seasonal tablecloth that you don't own? LOL...:) As always, I love it! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job of making the boxes pretty and what a sweet one for your Mom :)
    Love the blue & white in the last post!!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful box for your mother. You are so creative. You really do have a special tablecloth for every holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have decorated boxes! I use photo boxes to sort my craft supplies also. I need to buy a few more, they are on sale at Michael's often. Oh and that is a very fun tablecloth!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe boxes are good to have around you never know when you'll need it.
    I bought a beautiful round box for my friends birthday gift & it came back to me on my birthday so we'll see how long we keep regifting this box. We had a gift bag we kept going for a couple of years I didn't mean to write a saga. Great tablecloth I don't know why but when I saw it I thought of Lucille Ball & I Love Lucy.
    Have a great week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dearest Pam! I love all your pretty boxes and how you decorated them! I too love boxes and the more girly they are, the better!
    I am sure your mom must have delighted with hers and I know Vicky was so touched to receive your thoughtful giveaway prize!
    It is always lovely visiting your blog!
    Hope you have a beautifully blessed day!
    Much love and hugs,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great boxes and that tablecloth is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your decorated boxes are so pretty, Pam. I especially LOVE the one you that you decorated for your dear Mom. Of course, I always enjoy seeing your vintage tablecloths.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! That last tablecloth is beautiful. I've never seen one like it either. And I use boxes to store things on shelves, too. Very handy. Now I need to learn to decorate them. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pam! I LOVE the boxes your created! They're beautiful! I also use those Michael's photo boxes to store all of my stash. They're pretty and functional too! Love the retro table cloth too! Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did with the cigar box. And the box for your Mom is precious. I use those photo boxes a lot too; it's a great way to keep stuff organized, and you can't beat the price when they are on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty boxes! I really like the sweet blue and white hat box! Looks like you are nice and organized on your shelves!! What a wonderful surprise for your mom, the box and the yummy candies! Cute table cloth ....perfect for today! Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
    :) Holly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great decorating of the boxes, bet your mom liked the extra touch you gave it, fun tablecloth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Pam! Came from Roses of Inspiration as your boxes are so eye catching! I love how you've decorated each one! I'd love one filled with candy too!
    Will gladly follow along to admire! Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your boxes are just so cute! And that tablecloth is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Pam, you make me smile :) I just love all of your boxes! Each one is pretty and unique. I have a bunch of boxes saved up for future crafts, but I should just send them to you :)

    Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pam! just want to thank you for the surprise I found in my mail last night! thank you so much for thinking of me. you are such a sweetheart! Im looking forward to looking through the book this weekend with a cup of tea on the front porch!
    love your table cloth and all of your boxes!
    have a great weekend and a happy mothers day!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pam, I just love all of your pretty boxes! They sure make storage a beautiful thing! Oh, and I am in love with your vintage table cloths! The graphics are wonderful! Happy weekend and have a lovely Mother's Day. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely work!!! I like your blog!!
    would you like to follow each other? let me know...
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also have a box problem and now I consider myself in good company! Although I must admit that I don't decorate mine any where near as sweetly as you do. I hope you are having a great weekend! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.