Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, May 18, 2015

Plaid Vintage Tablescape

I recently got this colorful vintage tablecloth for a steal.
Uh...probably because not everyone likes quite this much color.
 Bright wavy squares of blue, orange, yellow & green, black & white accents.
Right up my color alley!


When I got ready to do the tablescape, I already knew this table was screaming for
me to use my colorful Hazel Atlas - Platonite Ovide dishes.  I'm beginning to wonder
how I lived without them, I use them so often.
Here is my table inspiration.  I wanted to use my new hot pads with their
retro mid-century design.  Perfect! 

weird overhead view...


I love the striped glasses, also HA, which I have a story about.
I saw them at a yard sale - set of 6 for $2.  But when I went to grab them
was told they were already sold.  I saw the buyer was a dealer I know
and I unashamedly begged her to sell them to me.  She had just been
complaining to me that she already had too much merchandise.  I basically
told her to name her price.  She sold them to me for the same $2!
She made my day and I frequent her consignment store. 
Don't you love a happy buying story?

I've used the blue bowl  (MMA) before, as well as the vintage
Fenton jadeite bowl.  I just used the funky salad servers a couple
tablescapes ago.   Lots of repeats here, but the tablecloth is
always different, and gives each table it's unique look.


I think I have a dish for every color in the tablecloth.  

When I was taking the photos, I couldn't help but notice how the cabinet
 that holds my Hazel Atlas & the Calder print compliment this cool table!
(sorry about the glass glare)
Do you love bold colors?

Thanks for your visit.  Always happy to see you & love your comments!

Hope your week has started well.  I feel as though once we get through Monday,
 the rest of the week is a piece of cake.  :)


Sharing with:

22 comments:

  1. Now that is a fun and funky tablecloth! I love how you set the table. All your dishes match so well. You are right about the tablecloth changing the look....it sets the stage doesn't it? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very colourful table.
    Everything is lovely.
    Have a great week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. that would be a morning wake up table setting! lol! love it! But mostly, I love that yellow teacup on the orange saucer! tooo cute!
    you must have a zillion dishes! lol!
    happy day
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many fun colors! Looks perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and colorful way to start the week!! Your tables always look so inviting and welcoming! :) Happy new week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a bold cloth but the dishes look fantastic with it. Love your china cabinet also. Nice story about the glasses, lets us know not everyone is out to make a buck.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy, cheerful table, Pam! I loved reading the happy ending to the glasses! What a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have thrifted a couple of those HA glasses before. I would love to find more too!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only YOU can pull off this funky table cloth. You have the best collection of dishes to compliment every style. Lucky girl on the shopping too. I do love your happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fun to use bright colors in the summertime! I love your pretty table and it would brighten any mood! Looks like a party! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cheerful tablescape. I love that Fenton jadeite bowl, but the best thing is your wonderful cabinet. Total swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your fun and colorful tablecloth. And those glasses are adorable, I loved the story with them! Fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It never ceases to amaze me that you have the PERFECT dishes for each tablecloth! And in this case, the perfect wall decor as well. Thanks for starting my week on such a cheerful note :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun tablecloth. And your dishes are perfect for the table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just fell in love with that tablecloth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with Fran ... you do have the right dishes for so many old linens! Today is so breezy ... I would love to have your clothesline, with some tablecloths flapping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Pam and a happy Wednesday to you! What a bright and happy table you've created! I am not too keen on bold colours, but I think you have done a absolutely fabulous job of making this table look fun and inviting!
    Oh yes! I do so love a happy buying story...I am so glad you got what you wanted at the sale:)
    Have a great day further!
    Love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tablescape Pam! So retro and everything matches perfectly with that tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your retro table is divine...love the dishes! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I love all the colour. So fun and funky! Love that green jadeite bowl especially.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pam, not sure how I missed this beautiful table earlier in the week...love the big colors of the tablecloth. The dishes are gorgeous and work so well with the cloth.
    I think you already know how much I love big bold colors and not afraid to use them when the occasion arises.
    Enjoy the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Pam, I absolutely LOVE your tablescape! The colors are fabulous, my friend. Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.