Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Weekend Finds & Camping Time!

What a terrific weekend.  Beautiful weather, beautiful
campground, and even finds at the antique event!

Why yes, I always take along a vintage tablecloth.
But no, I don't bring along a vase.  It was one of our finds,
and  needed to be re-wrapped for the trip home. 


As a matter of fact, everything did, so I displayed our small haul
 on the picnic table first.  We tried to keep the buying light, since we
didn't have a lot of extra room in the pick-up. 

Love the green deco fan vase.  We're calling that my Anniversary gift. :)
Some old Workbasket books dated 1963, and Colony Glass
candlestick holders. 

Mr. Retro found this cool ice bucket & matching cups.
Love the graphics & drink recipes are printed on the bucket & cups.



Hazel Atlas!  Which is no easy find in the wild for me. 
Scored a  Moderntone sherbet & a pair of adorable clown glasses.
 
Mr. Retro found a pair of plastic flamingos and had them in the truck before
 I ever saw them!  OMG, not for home (whew, we would have gone
 head to head on that), but for the campsite.  They sure looked cute by
our little camper, but kind of strange atop the leaves. 
Just the perfect touch of camping tacky! Tee Hee.
 
Doyle never tires of squirrel and bird watching, and
checking out the other campers and their dogs.
 
I am always a little sad to break down camp and leave come Sunday
afternoon. The good thing is, camping season has just begun!
Do you ever go camping?  Would love to hear about it.
Have a good week! 
 

12 comments:

  1. My family camped a lot when I was a kid, and I continued to camp a little when my daughter was young, but I haven't been in quite some time. Looks like good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little camper van. We were thinking about maybe getting one just like that. You got some great finds. That's what I love about holidays like that,finding cute little shops to rummage through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so glad you had a blessed camping trip, dear Pam! Looks like you found some gorgeous little things to add to your collection and I love that you take a tablecloth along as well! We always grab one for our picnic table as well as some matching napkins...just because you are camping doesn't mean you can't take pretty things with you! LOL!
    Have a blessed and beautiful day - much, much love and hugs to you!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to buy an old time camper and fix it up all cute! I might be interested in camping then.. but only lakeside. I would need to be near the water. I wonder if figgy and frannie would like camping? lol! Im glad you had a nice time camping. And I love that you take a vintage table cloth with you!
    have a great day
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flamingos are PERFECT for a camp spot. Just the right amount of kitsch :-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun finds. I LOVE the pottery vase! I use to camp when I was younger and loved it. Oh and Flamingo's are always fun in my opinion!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had lovely weather for your camping trip. I'm loving all your treasures. Those ice buckets and cups are fantastic! Beautiful vase too. Flamingos are definitely in style at the camp ground. They need to be your camper mascots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like such a wonderful and perfect camping trip!! Love your pretty new treasures! The ice bucket and matching cups are so cute and love your anniversary vase! Soon as I came to your page I noticed it on the right side! :) OH my goodness I LOVE camping!! We use to go all the time when my sister and I were younger, hitting the bike and hiking trails, exploring and sitting by the fire. Dad always made big breakfasts too ....yummy! Luke and I have went together too, it never seems like its a long enough time though ;) ....so many fun memories! The flamingos are perfect for your cute camper!! :) Loved seeing your pictures!! Have a happy day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like so much fun! I would love to go camping with you! The table looks incredible and what fabulous finds! The flamingos are just the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Pam, look at the lovely items that you found! How delightful and fun, my friend :) I am so happy to hear you had a nice time away - what a blessing!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You found some great treasures...even if they are all small. I love that you take a pretty tablecloth camping. No reason not to beautify your "home away from home". :) Looks like Doyle had a fun time too! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My grandfather loved flamingos and whenever I see them it makes me very happy, remembering how much fun it was visiting my grandparents! I'd say your anniversary camping trip was a successful treasure-hunting trip...that deco vase really shows off the vivid color of your azaleas :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.