Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Vintage tablecloth finds & sweet mail!

I've done some thrifting the last two weekends, and
so has Mr. Retro.  He is responsible for finding a vintage
tablecloth for me and this sweet vintage tea towel.

This tea towel was an extra special find, designed by
Tammis Keefe.   Her signed linens (tea towels, hankies and
tablecloths) are very collectible, and usually pricey,
but Mr. Retro snagged it at the thrift for a few dollars.


Guess I need this reminder....Don't Forget!
Seems I always come home from the store forgetting something.


I won this thrifty tablecloth on eBay.  Yes, it is vintage. 
So colorful and will be great for a tablescape. 
 I can picture my Hazel Atlas dishes on it already. 

Another Mr. Retro find here!  He passes a tiny thrift shop on the way
home from work, but it is rarely open and rarely has anything worth buying.

He found this beautiful Simtex tablecloth.  Then he said, "I hope I
didn't spend too much, it was $2.00".  Ha!  I gave him a smack hug and
we had a good laugh.   I think I've said it before, he's a keeper. 

Better view of the gorgeous flowers. 
 Blue Daffodils or Jonquils?  A little artistic license, I think. 


I want to share this wonderful surprise I received from

She showed some of the sweet tea coasters she makes on her blog.
 I fell in love with them and was hoping to buy some.  I especially
wanted a set to give my sister, an avid tea drinker.  Surprise!
Stephanie very generously just sent me two sets of
 these lovely and cheerful coasters, so beautifully made. 

She also sent this beautiful card she made and wrote a very
sweet note.  Be sure to visit if you can, her blog is just
as beautiful as her spirit. 
Life is sweet~Blogging friends are sweet.


I'm shaking the winter dust off our porch, and brightening it
up for spring.  I'm so ready, how about you?

Doyle says, "wake me when it gets here."
A new week....Have a great one friends!


Joining with:

21 comments:

  1. Love the first tea towel! How cute is that. Your hubby is a keeper!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... You're a sweetie, Pam :) It was my joy and pleasure to surprise you with the coasters....I was grinning from ear-to-ear when I mailed them off to you :)

    Your Mr. Retro sound like a great guy! He goes out and buys you tablecloths?? How sweet! :) The tea towel is fabulous.

    Have a beautiful week, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any man that brings home vintage tablecloths is a keeper in my book!!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica stole the words about your hubby is definitely a keeper when it comes to finding and buying you fabulous tablecloths. Bring on spring tablescapes!! I'm so ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I can't believe your hubby helps you find tablecloths. He must be so much fun to shop with. He did good! He found you a nice tablecloth. I think he deserved that hug. :)
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pink elephant tea towel is adorable, and I love the floral tablecloth. It's so pretty! Your hubby did good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam! Mr. Retro found some really great finds! Yes, he's a keeper! It was nice having the windows open yesterday, blow some of that fresh air in. Today it's supposed to be in the 70's here in Chicagoland. Have a wonderful week Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Pam,

    What beautiful and amazing finds!!! Love your photos. Aren't thrift stores so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Mr. Retro has a great eye! Your spring tablecloth with the flower arrangement is so pretty. And Doyle! Give that sweet boy an extra hug from me :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thrift shop several days a week and never find vintage tablecloths! Lucky you! I've been collecting vintage sewing boxes, though, and found another one today! Stephanie is a BLESSING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tea cup coasters are so sweet and a fun gift to receive! And I love vintage tablecloths. Blue daffodils...how pretty! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! what great finds. I love that blue flower table cloth.
    Thanks for visiting with me today and leaving your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet hubby you have there, checking the thrift stores for you and bringing home treasures :) So sweet of Stephanie to send those coasters and her sweet card, she is quite the angel. Doyle looks so cute there just napping while waiting for spring to come along.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How nice to have some treasures brought home to you! Lovely new table clothes! Your porch is looking springy!! I got rid of my "fresh pine greens" over the weekend, I'm ready for some flowers! :) Those tea coasters look so cute!! I'm sure your sis will love a set!! So thoughtful!! Have a lovely day!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Stephanie is a wonderful young lady. So generous. I love your table clothes and the tea coasters are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing your pretty post with Roses of Inspiration - I love having you link up, dear Pam :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The tea towel with the pink elephants is so cute.
    Have a lovely week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the elephant tea towels. I have a few of those inherited from my grandmother. She didn't use and neither do I, but they are so fun to look at.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful tablecloths; I especially love the floral one. I miss having table cloths, but dining table is an odd shape (not quite round and not quite oval) so I've never found any to fit

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mr. Retro is amazing! I love that elephant tea towel, so cute and clever! Well, they're all beautiful now aren't they!! Haha! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all of your thrifty finds! I love the teacup coasters from the thoughtful and generous Stephanie. I love the yo-yo pillow. Visiting from Stephanie's party.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.