Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, January 23, 2015

Vintage tablecloth "Chickens Today"

"Chickens today...Feathers tomorrow"
This fun tablecloth is currently gracing my table. 
Most of you are familiar with beautiful vintage tablecloths showing off
gorgeous floral & fruit themes.  They are quite popular and liked by most,
but several categories of these wonderful tablecloths abound.

My farm-chickens tablecloth falls into the conversational or novelty
 tablecloths category.  They are such a colorful and whimsical group,
that I have collected more than my share a few.

Yup, "Chickens today...Feathers tomorrow" is more than
 politically incorrect (poor chickens!)  But probably not so
much  in the 1940's & 1950's.
Don't you love that her turquoise pantaloons match her hair? 
I think that polka dot chicken is pretty cute. 

Looks like this couple is so happily looking forward to that chicken
dinner, that they are dancing up a storm! 

A chicken driving the car?  Maybe these chickens are smarter
than they look, and are making a break for it. 

I thought a novelty towel would be a good addition to
the center of the table. 
Busy as a Bee...how cute is that! 
I plan to showcase more of my vintage tablecloths this year,
while still showing my thrifty finds and crafty things...of course! 

Doyle has been waiting patiently for me to finish.  The sun is
peeking a little, so we're going to step out and enjoy it.

Happy Friday....have a great week-end!!!

21 comments:

  1. I love this table cloth. How fun are those graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE chickens, your tablecloth is sooooo cute~
    I hope you and Doyle enjoyed your walk, it's too cold and rainy here today.
    Maybe that polkadot hen is a guinea hen!
    Happy weekend,
    Dorothy and Ms.Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the most unique tableclothes ever! It's fun to see them. Thank you so much for your help with "any soldier". We did good. Cute photo of Doyle. I mailed your package today!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mailed yours out yesterday Deb. Glad there was such a warm response to the Any Soldier swap. My hubby helped at an event held for a group of Wounded Warriors today. We owe these soldiers so much.

      Delete
  4. I love this tablecloth. I kept giggling when I saw it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun tablecloth. I'm glad you will continue featuring them this year. If you are stepping out with Doyle, that must be a good sign on your healing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fun one and perfect for a farmhouse table!

    You and Doyle have a wonderful weekend~

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I share your love of vintage tablecloths, so I can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a hoot! I love it, as I do seeing all your great tablecloths. Greta appreciates Doyle's patience...she is thinking the same!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this...such a fun tablecloth! That bee towel is adorable too! But that Doyle is the cutest! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I love this tablecloth - it made me smile :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time I think I've seen your cutest table cloth, you pull out another cutest table cloth!
    Ha! Erica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That tablecloth is adorable and of course you display it amazingly. Oh Pam, your blog is absolutely one of my favorites....just like you!

    Hugs,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This tablecloth is my favourite that I've seen you share so far. It's just so whimsical and fun. Looking forward to seeing more of your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Such a charming tablecloth! Your collection is wonderful and it's always so much fun to see them all. Love love love vintage linens!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doyle reminds me of a Brittainy Spaniel I once loved ... and hey, she lived on a chicken farm! Love the tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  16. (oh piffle posh, I tried to comment from my iPad twice and first it went POOF and then it wouldn't "paste" my copied comment ARGH! typing from real computer now, fingers crossed!)

    You are the tablecloth Queen! I love this cloth Pam, novelty cloths are so much fun and this is so charming. Adore your candle holders too, a perfect match.
    I was so sad to read that another blogger who always had the most wonderful cloths and table settings, Candy of The Round Table, had passed away! I used to see her lovely things on one of the linky parties I participated in and since those blog parties have gone quiet, hadn't visited her in awhile. :(

    Happy Wednesday! Woof woof to Doyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am aware she passed away. She used to be a member of the tablecloth club I belong to. Someone told me her blog was still up but appeared to have been hijacked. She owned exorbitant amounts of Fiesta, in every color it seemed, and set a beautiful table.

      Delete
  17. I love your table cloth. What a cute retro find:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoy using the old table cloths too! Your valentine crafts in the previous post are delightful and wow that Valentine surprise was terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.