Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

I'm Back...Hi Ho!

Hi Ho, Hi Ho... it's off to work I go tomorrow.  Settling in
back home.  I had a great trip, so good to spend time with family
and catch up with friends.  I even got a little thrifting in.
My latest is this wonderful vintage hankie, with "Frohe Weihnacht"
written on it.  Merry Christmas in German.  High quality, with rolled edges.
Made in Switzerland, probably 60's.  See the 99 cents tag? 
Luckily, I was able to remove the 2 staples without damaging it.
Dessin Dep printed on the hankie.  These go for $20-30 on Etsy.

Couldn't resist these 98 cent plates for a tablescape.
Might have to keep and use them, so pretty.  Made by
Churchill, Staffordshire, England

My Connecticut tablecloth find.  Very sweet, looks European.
Love the sweet pattern.


I haven't really started putting out Christmas, but
had these angels sitting in my craft space, because
I found them all  fairly recently.  I can't resist these
sweet angel girls, especially the handcrafted ones.
Are you smitten with ornaments like these?  I sure am!

Found the little set of Gurley pilgrims up in Connecticut also.
My first ones.  Sweet!  Fit right in with my Thanksgiving vignette.

 Doyle is loving this weather.  He is either stalking a bird
or a squirrel here.  Don't worry, he never catches them,
but chasing is a fun dog game.  I missed our play time.

Just a short post, glad to be back home.  Sure not looking forward 
to work tomorrow,  even though it is just a temporary job.
Are you ready for Thanksgiving?  I am so not ready, but am
getting my ideas together and starting my lists. 

Thanks for visiting.  I missed you! 


Joining in at THRIFTASAURUS 
@ Sir Thrift A Lot

14 comments:

  1. Nice finds. Time with family is the best. Love Doyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back, but it sounds like you had such a good time! Have a wonderful week! Oh...did you get the e-mail with your exchange partner? Wasn't sure if you got your e-mails while you were gone or not...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are back and had a good trip! You found some goodies. Those plates are so pretty. Congrats on getting your first Gurleys. I love them! I buy them if I see them but I don't find them often. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Gurley Pilgrims! I have a few in my collection too. There isn't a whole lot in the way of vintage Thanksgiving so I'm always happy to find these.

    Glad Doyle is enjoying himself :-) My dog's always seem to have a squirrel up in a tree!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good trip! I'm never ready for Thanksgiving because I don't like to cook! I am thankful that I have people to cook for, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun finds, but I love love that hankie!! So different. I am trying to get ready for Thanksgiving but for some reason have a bit of trouble this year. I'll get there by next week!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Enjoy getting into the swing of your routines again. I'm sure Doyle is happy to have you home again. I'm resisting putting out Christmas and sticking to Thanksgiving decorations at home (congratulations on your Gurley pilgrim candles) but with our recent snowstorm is awfully tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam!
    Sorry my old brain is so forgetful - I remember you saying something about working but it didn't stick to my old brain cells. What are you doing?!
    OH! Love that tablecloth, so pretty. Adore those Gurley candles ... I've seen them on several blogs recently, sure wish they'd pop up somewhere in my vicinity so I could grab 'em!
    Happy week and good luck on your job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home and what sweet new finds! Love the hankie! So cute!! And, those angels are precious! Wishing you a wonderful week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! You sure did score with all of those treasures! Doyle looks like he is in stealth mode, that's a great picture-- you an see how intently focused he is on his prey. My dogs never catch anything either, thank goodness, but I sure do enjoy watching them try. Good luck with your job, hope you are having a great week! --Fran :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Christmas hankie. & cute shot of Doyle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to be back home!! Such sweet finds on your trip love the pretty hankie and those angels are so darling!! Love the green and white ones :) Have a lovely day!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.