Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Happy Mail & My Table


 
Happy Mail!  Just love this creative card I received from Sally
over at Sally Annie Magundy blog.  Yippee!
Sally loves receiving cards.  You know, real cards that come by snail mail. 
She invited the first 5 who signed up to do a Thanksgiving card exchange with her. 
 Such fun!  Now she is showing off the cards as she receives them,
so go take a look. 

She included this sweet package of fall goodies for paper crafting.
Thanks Sally, for your creativity & generosity!  Love this adorable card!

Showing off more Happy Mail...
A sweet friend sent me this gorgeous linen hankie.  She bought
it on her recent trip to Ireland.  I have it displayed where I can see
it's dainty beauty daily.  So lovely and so thoughtful. 

A good friend sent me this homemade jelly that she and her
daughters made.  Oh....the jar arrived full, but I had a large tiny bit 
on a dozen few crackers with a cup of my favorite tea.   
Mr. Retro loves jelly.  I'll be hiding this jar in the refrigerator for awhile,
or I'll never get another bite.  ;)
 
 Got this commuter mug and sweet hankie from The Vintage
Tablecloth Lovers Club, for helping them.  We are all vintage
tablecloth nuts, eeer, lovers. Come visit the public pages,
the link is on my sidebar.
 Yikes, I forgot I hadn't made Thanksgiving cards for my family, so whipped these up
to mail out this morning. 

 
& this one for an old friend who moved to California.
We have an enormous Pecan tree.  Mr. Retro came in the other
day with these. He said the ground is covered with them. 
Want to come over and gather some?  We have plenty to share! 
Ah, there might have to be some Pecan pie soon. 

Leaving this until Wednesday evening, when I will reset the table
for Thanksgiving.  Love this unusual vintage tablecloth.  It has the look
and feel of a CHP (California Hand Prints), but has no tag.

I usually wait until after Thanksgiving to bring out the Christmas décor,
but I couldn't resist doing just my tablecloth ladder. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FRIENDS!!!
 Hoping you all have a wonderful holiday with family and/or friends,
safe travel, good food, and warm companionship. 

Doyle seconds that! 
 

16 comments:

  1. Oh, to have pecans so handy! I just paid a ridiculous price, for 8 cup bag.... for the pies I will be making this week.

    I do love that table cloth... and those amazing green candle stick holders! I always enjoy a vibrant splash of green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Thanksgiving cards and other goodies. You have the best table cloths! Love love this one. Be sure to share you tablescape once it's done!
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,
    You're so very sweet to take pictures and mention my card, so very kind of you. Thank you!
    Darling cards you made for your family and friends!
    And look at all those goodies you received, so lovely and how wonderful to be thought of. So much to be thankful for this holiday.
    I've never seen a pecan tree! Where have I been?! So much fun.
    Happy happy Thanksgiving to you and Doyle and Mr. Retro xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card. Love your vintage Christmas linens.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that ladder of Christmas tablecloths and how great to have a pecan tree!! Pecan-Chocolate pie is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of sallys sweet cards too! I forgot to take a picture of the one I made for her. LOve all your christmas tablecloths!
    have a great sunday
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pecan pie is one of my favorites (my father's too)! I really love how you are displaying your tablecloths on the ladder. So pretty! Wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I've been wondering how to display my collection of Christmas tablecloths. Now I just need to find a ladder...

    Loving the tablecloth on your table right now. My favorite tablecloth of all time is a California Hand Prints that I found at the Farm Chicks show.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am drooling over the Christmas tablecloths. Your cards are adorable. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I first moved into my house, I had pecans galore, but now the squirrels beat us to them. You're lucky that you have so many. Will Mr. Retro shell them for you? I love the vivid green in your tablecloth, and the Christmas tablecloth ladder is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun things you got in the mail!! All the cards are so cute!! Wow, how neat to have a pecan tree with loads of them!! My hubby and dad love pecan pie!! :) Love your beautiful Christmas tablecloths!! Hope you have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving!!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute and yummy goodies! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm getting so forgetful-I must have just recently signed up to follow You when I found out You were a part of My ornament exchange. I'm the latest follower :) TeHe I just got to start getting things right.Several things We have in common as I perused Your blog. Vintage tablecloths,but all mine have come from family,I've only purchased one that was so faded blue it looked like lavender,and I love lavender and purple.I do lots of crafts and I just LOVE Your dog.Happy Thanksgiving-Denise of Coffeeberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your tablecloth ladder Pam. What a great way to display them. I received your package today and I love everything. Thank you so much! I'll be posting about it next week after I get my tree up. Thanks again. Tuula

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table settings and I love your ladder with all those sweet Christmas tablecloths!! Happy Thanksgiving! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I don't blame you for putting your Christmas tablecloth display up, that's a spectacular collection! I'm jealous that you have your own pecan tree, lucky you! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.