Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday Medley~Swap, garden stuff, & vintage tablecloth starring Miss Tina!

Happy New Week!  Sharing a swap and couple other things today.
 
I was fortunate to join in at A Swap for All Seasons hosted by Linda.
The September Halloween swap is the last of her monthly swaps for
the year.  I've joined in the last few months and only wish I had found
her sooner.  The September theme was Halloween~ create card, tag
and send some orange destash to your receiver.
 
I was assigned to create for was  Sherry who blogs at Creatology. 
She is an artist and has a great blog, so give her a visit.
I always like to send fun wrapped packages.
 Here is the destash I sent: buttons, yo yos, lace, cards, paper,
and even feathers.  Lots to create with.
 
Here is the card and tag I made Sherry.  She loves Halloween stuff, but not gory or
really scary, so I went for cute and fun.   Luckily she likes everything
 I sent to her...isn't that the purpose and outcome we strive for? :)


Here is the fun package I recently received from Marie of Spun by Me,
who was assigned to create for me.  I received this great card, I just love
that photo!  & the sweet tag.
 
 & this fun orange destash. Thanks so much Marie!
I'll definitely be missing this swap and can't thank Linda enough for hosting.
 
Our garden is still producing, though winding down.
We had such an abundance of tomatoes (even after sharing) that
we decided to try dehydrating some.  A friend had given us some
Maui Onion salt from Hawaii, so we sprinkled some on the slices.
We're talking heavenly here ~ so delicious!
Have you ever tried any dehydrating yet?  Do it!
 
Next I sliced up some apples.  Aren't they beautiful?
 
I'm sure you can use the oven, but Mr. Retro picked up this NESCO dehydrator at
Wal-Mart last year for less than $20.  Nothing fancy but does the trick. 
Here is the yummy result.
I used the green vintage style Ball jars I bought last spring, that I
never did use for canning.  They keep everything crisp and fresh.
Thinking about what I can do next.  I'm thinking those chewy
Kieffer pears from our tree, when they are ripe.
 What do you dehydrate?  I'm open to all suggestions!
 
Last, but certainly not least, is a photo of sweet Miss Tina, claiming another favorite
vintage tablecloth.  She belongs to my vintage tablecloth loving friend Joan, and was
lucky enough to be rescued by Joan & her hubby many years ago. 
She loves to sit on the table, putting her paw "stamp of approval" on Joan's tablecloths.
 Joan keeps a piece of clear plastic over her tablecloths for this very reason. 
Check out the fun vintage ceramics too.  Love this table and of
course sweet Miss Tina!  Thanks for sharing this photo with me Joan!
 
 

Thanks so much for visiting.  Love hearing your comments!
Have a good week my friends. 


7 comments:

  1. Loving all those Halloween swap goodies and I'm so jealous at your garden and all the amazing produce. Mr. Groundhog had a big old feast in our garden, despite all our fort knox style keep-out methods. We have one single pumpkin left. I'm praying it makes it until Halloween. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sent your partner the cutest things Pam, love it all! I bet your partner had so much fun unwrapping all those packages and seeing all the great stuff you made and enclosed.
    You received darling things from your other partner - love the vintage photo she used too. This was a fun swap, I'm so sorry I only got in on the last one but so glad it was the Halloween one that I finally took the plunge for.
    I want a dehydrator and I looked online once and they were so expensive - so glad to hear you don't have to buy an expensive one for good results. HURRAY!
    Miss Tina is a cutie!
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Halloween swap sounds like fun. You gave and received some cute things. Love the picture of Miss Tina....she's too cute. The dehydrated goodies look tasty. I've never tried tomates like that. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely week.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swaps are so fun! I can't wait until I have a little more time to join a few. How about a vintage tablecloth swap? Just kidding! I don't think I could get rid of any :-)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will miss Linda's swap also...hmm...maybe someone will do something like hers! I had a food dehydrator, sold it at a garage sale...nice swap cards, tags and destash! Naughty kitty on the table.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great swap items. How fun to store your dehydrated foods in the green jars. I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.