Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Want to see my vintage tablecloth collection?

I really don't know what I would do without my DH & BF, Mr. Retro.
His last project was to build shelves on which to display my vintage tablecloths.
My sweet little cabinet was full and there was overflow all over the house, lol.
He decided I needed larger shelves, taller than the doorway.
The shelving unit didn't fit through the bedroom door! We couldn't maneuver
the turn in our small hallway.  OH NO!!!
 But like the old Beatles songs says, "She came in through the bathroom window",
but in this case it was the bedroom window.

 The bottom row houses my reference books.  I have several just on linens. 
Mr. Retro is quite the craftsman.  I'll do a post to show all
wonderful things he has made for our home over the years.

I need to straighten the tablecloths, but just filled the shelves for now.
 Of course I noticed I now have room to buy more! 
Heavenly ~ they are my true favorite vintage love.

I love the sideways views, and let me tell you...
the members of my Vintage Tablecloth Lovers Club can
identify most of them just by looking at the edges!
Yes, we're an addicted group. 

This whole stack below is Christmas.

 Don't they make a beautiful artistic display?

Well of course this isn't all of them, but it is MOST of them.  There are some on my
 tablecloth ladder, one on the dining table, one on the porch table,
a large tote filled, well you know! 

How do you like my display?  Do you enjoy vintage linens? 
Changing the subject, do you have hummingbirds?
We have so many I'm filling this feeder (their favorite of the 3)
three times a day!  They are just amazing and so much fun to watch.

They come and chirp at me when I'm filling it and flutter near my head.
It's a little scary but exhilarating. 

Here you can see 3 are feeding and the 4th is coming in for a landing.
They are eating us out of house & "sugar"!

Uh oh, I'm changing the subject again. 

Do you like cottage shabby white linens?
I'm getting ready to bring these sweet vintage
pillowcases to the shop to sell. 

Have a terrific rest of the week!  Thanks for stopping by
Your sweet comments make my day. 


23 comments:

  1. I've got about 20ish vintage pillow cases that are in my iron pile and then will head to the shop. What are you pricing yours at? I have just plain floral patterns, crocheted edge ones, and then ones with lots of embroidery/stitched patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is such a sweetie to build you new shelves for your tablecloths. They look great. I love old tablecloths and linens. My collection probably wouldn't even fill one of your shelves. LOL! Hummingbirds are so much fun to watch. Have a great week! Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough peeks of your vintage linens. They are wonderfully perfect in every way! Every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your collection of vintage linens... if they could tell of the conversations that must of been told over them... Love them..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an amazing tablecloth collection (It's one of my favorite collections tooI). I haven't ever seen one with pink flamingoes before.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a collection!!!

    We never get more than one hummingbird at a time, they fly around but don't land, one of them must be the "boss" of the feeder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, I love your writing and photos. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, your collection is outstanding.
    So pretty :)
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...you have awesome collection of vintage tablecloths, Pam! Do you buy a certain size or just whatever catches your eye? They do make quite an artistic statement.
    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do I love vintage linens? Oh, Pam. What a silly question! I also display mine on a side view. I have two wire baskets in my bedroom, each stacked about 4' high with these beauties. I think it's time that I commission a shelf, though. Now I just need to decide where to put it!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have 3 hummingbirds and they are territorial they will not eat when one of the other is and dive bombs them!
    I would love to dig through your shelves, esp the Christmas ones, but all I can think is "omgosh, all that ironing!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your vintage table cloths and this display is wonderful! Your husband did a great job and yes you have room for more! The one with the Flamingo edge caught my eye! Oh and I love hummingbirds and watching them is such a joy.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tablecloths look fantastic! All those happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great new shelves for your wonderful collection! Love you hummingbird shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet post Pam!! LOVE your new pretty display! And I love your beautiful collection!! Love the humming birds too! They are so neat, I really like watching them! And of course I like shabby white linens!!! haha Have a lovely day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is quite a collection! where do you find them all?? Id be happy with just one! LOL!!! I do have a couple small ones.. I just have to learn to keep my eyes open and look around more.. my bloggy friends find the bestest stuff!
    have a great day! off to work I go!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! I kind of hyperventilated looking at those tablecloths! I love fabric so you know I would have to touch every single one of them! Beautiful and I love that you have room for more. More is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, those shelves are fabulous! Hubby did a great job! It was almost a crime to have all of those tablecloths hidden in drawers and behind doors. Now they can be admired out in the open! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there girlfriend, I love your new shelves. We had that problem once about getting them in the bedroom, I never thought of the window!! Your hubby did a great job and your tablecloths are lovely! Glad to see you have room for more! :-) Tell Doyle not to worry, Wilma hasn't forgotten him! ~~Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your vintage linens always make me smile, Pam! It's a fun addiction, isn't it? Your hubby is a keeper and I look forward to seeing more of his projects. Thanks for sharing your favorite hummingbird feeder. I just saw a hummingbird last evening, going towards a red flower.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I giggled when you said you came in thru the window! Ohhhhhh, I just love all your tablecloths! Amazing! I have around 25, I guess. A few are perfect, but most were once loved a lot. I sure enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my--what a gorgeous collection. I'm going to pin this post to my "Display Your Collectibles" board. Have a great week-end!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.