Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Farewell to Summer Tablescape


I'm sharing my farewell to summer tablescape.
Kathleen on Cuisine Kathleen blog is hosting this end of
summer challenge.  No fall tables allowed!  :)

This is a rare tablescape for me because my tablecloth is a solid color
linen,  instead of my typical vintage printed.  The color just
"Popped" with the dishes.

I set my porch table for a casual lunch.

Laurie Gates plates, thrift store.  Metlox Poppytrail dessert 
plates, yard sale.  Blue glassware, also thrift store.  
Maybe I spend too much time at the thrifts. ;)

Two simple place settings
The napkins are vintage Vera.
Hazel Atlas platonite sugar & creamer, and footed dessert bowls.
Blue Pyrex casserole and small bowl for serving pieces.
 
I actually cook in my Pyrex...a lot.
Fenton marble swirl candleholders, flea market find.
Vintage flower pin?  Just for fun.
 
 
Lastly, it isn't vintage, but I love this ceramic  bread/roll basket. 
A gift.  Something called Espana Lifestyle, from Macy's.
Vintage tea towel...of course!
 
Thanks for coming by!
A day late, but joining the challenge at Cuisine Kathleen,
see link at top.

Also joining Thrifty Things Friday at
Melissa's Antiques.  Always fun! 

Have a safe & fun Labor Day weekend! 

 

20 comments:

  1. What a fun place setting Pam! Love the colors and all your great finds. Cannot believe we've arrived at the end of summer - I had wanted it to end and now I don't!

    Hope Doyle had a very Happy Doggie Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your use of the vintage dishes. I want them all! Especially loving the sugar/creamer and the candlesticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty table!! The blues and greens really do pop! Such a fun last summer table scape to have, and I love your blue Pyrex dish along with those candle holders, those are fabulous!!! I don't think 'we' could ever spend too much time at the thrift! ;) Pretty new background too! Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with you on the printed vintage tablecloths but that aqua color is GORGEOUS!!! Everything looks so good and you definitely pulled of an awesome end of summer tablescape!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I noticed the blue tulip pyrex right away! And yes my first thought was a plain color tablecloth? Love the blue colors, so cheery. A great way to send summer out, (can't believe it?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. But I don't want to bid farewell to summer!!! Didn't it just get here? Wasn't last winter terrible? Go away fall, while I do love fall, it's too early!! Whine over! I love your tablescape! That is my favorite color blue! I cook in my vintage pyrex too because when I got it for my wedding shower, it was brand new and I have used it for 34 years! Drives my "vintage" loving niece crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great end of summer table! Love the colors and you know I love thrifty finds! Great look once again!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that color combination... so fresh and lovely! I can't believe summer is almost over! It took so long to get here! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam, yes it is unusual for you to use a solid tablecloth, but I still get that vintage, retro feel by visiting your pretty table. I love the colors and of course, all your thrifty bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty tablescape! I have never seen that pretty blue Pyrex pattern before. Lovely~

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful, colorful table! It is just as cute as can be, and I love the Pyrex!

    You have a wonderful collection!

    xo

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun to set your table for a farewell to Summer theme. I adore your colors and they totally remind me of the ocean and picnics on the beach. Blissful...

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun...this is one of my favorite color combinations for summer! Love the glassware. Hope life is treating you well. Have a lovely Friday.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm completely in denial that we've arrived to the end of summer. I really love the colors and all your great tablescapes. Enjoy this holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am surprised to see a solid tablecloth, Pam, but you sure did my favorite color combo proud! Love the Vera napkins...they are perfect with the plates.
    Enjoy the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful and cherry tablescape! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely. Blue is always a favorite. I really like that Pyrex blue. I have a mixing bowl set. Thanks for the tip. I'll try the delete instead of backspace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love blue and green together!! It's so 60's! :-) And I love how it all matched your vintage daisy pin! I LOVE those and have collected a few.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am SO not ready to say goodbye to summer, but this tablescape certainly gives it the proper send off! I confess: I cook in my Pyrex too! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.