Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Church Sale~Estate Sale~Auction!

You know how you wait for a good sale? 
Then there are 3 on the same day!
The Catholic Church had their fantastic annual outdoor sale on the same day
as a small estate sale, and on the same day as a local auction!
 
What to do???  Go to all 3, of course!
We started at the Church Sale, which opened at 7:00 a.m.
Have to get there by 6:30 to even get in the parking lot.
 
Mr. Retro scored the little red wagon, which will be red again
once he repairs and paints it.  A $7 bargain. 
 
 
We both found and loved these lawn size
NOEL Santas.  Had to come home with us for $10! 
 
More finds by Mr. Retro, a large chalkboard for my craft space for $5,
and a vintage Yankee Clipper sled that he will fix up.  He splurged
on the sled, $10.  This is the second one he has found in a month,
so I dread think that a new collection has started, lol. 
 
 
Yahoo, an ugly coat-hat rack for the porch for $3, which I'll be spray painting. 
Mr. Retro found the large candle stand for 50 cents.

That was it, so we hit the Estate Sale that began at 8:00 a.m.
I can't resist these vintage train/travel cases. Needs cleaning, but $3 is good!
This one is marked Maximillian, New York, NY

A Vera Bradley bag for $4, Imperial vintage vase for $3, and
Christmas tins for 50 cents each. 
The snowman tin is marked Made in Hong Kong. 

Can never have too many Christmas tins. :)
Why is that?   
 
Sweet pottery bowl.  Know nothing about it other than I liked it for 75 cents.
It's not chipped, that is camera glare.
 
  Lastly, I found this large & heavy brass candelabra, which is totally not my style.
I'm not a fan of candleabras, but this one called to me. 
So did this cute vintage choir girl.
 
It was a one day estate sale, with promised bargains if you wanted to leave a bid.
I left bids on both of them and won them both for $9.
 
She is adorable! Made in Japan, with that 50's-60's look.
 
Look how cool it is on the table?  Surprised even me.
 
We finally moved on the auction, which was disappointing.
We did stay long enough for Mr. Retro to win this....I can't
remember what tool it is, but he was thrilled with it and spent
Sunday building shelves for my tablecloths, so whatever it is,
I LOVE it! 
 We were back home by 10:30 a.m.  Not bad for a morning's work!
 
A final photo, sorry about the glare, of my
finished vintage canning label display.  It is just
perfect for the kitchen wall.  I think I did a great job on it, lol. 
 
I want to show off one more thing.  Mr. Retro made these hand-held size
chalkboards.  Aren't they cute?
  
Doyle says a sleepy hello.  I left him in the bedroom when I went to
shower, and he made a bed/nest out of the bedspread.
Gotta love our spoiled dogs!!!
 
That's it for now.  Did you find any treasures last week end?
I'm a little late since it's Wednesday already, but have a great week!


I finally have a thrifty finds post to join in Melissa's Antiques Thrifty Things Friday
Why don't you take a look!


21 comments:

  1. After all that I would of thought you wanted to join Doyle! Don't know what I like best? You sure got alot. But no vintage linens? Sounds like Mr. is good and handy to have around. Everytime I see a NOEL sign I think of my girlfriends story about her Gmother had one and her uncles were always changing it to say "leon". The candlebra is gorgeous and I heard brass is coming back into vogue....your ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I have a small ceramic Noel set that was my Moms. I put it out every year and hubby changes it to Leon every chance he gets, lol.

      Delete
  2. Look at all that stuff! You lucky, love love love the sled, how fun is that?! Can't wait to see how it figures into your winter decorations.

    I've got my mom's and my grandma's train cases but they're both so dirty, having spent many many years in my parents garage, unprotected. WAH! What should I clean them with Pam? And desmell them, they're STINKY!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, right now mine is destinking (is that a word?) on the porch, not really sure, but I'll start with mild soap and water. Maybe some leather cleaner after that?

      Delete
  3. The mini chalkboards are SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also thank you for sharing @ TTF! :)

      Delete
  4. I love that your husband equally enjoys your estate sale/auction adventures too. It makes the treasures even more fun. Those lawn sized NOEL Santas are adorable. I'm very much smitten with your vintage canning label display. Hugs to Doyle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the candlelabra too, church rummage sales are usually my favorite. I recently bought 5 choir boys at a yard sale for 50 cents each and they are made in Germany. Soooo cute! I love this for Christmas, I already had 3, now I have a whole choir : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great deals. Esp. The wagon. Tell Doyle hi from Piper. Please stop over and sign up for my giveaway. Lots of card making supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh, you and Mr. Retro have been having too much fun! My husband loves to go with me, too. Actually he insists! Love your treasures! Especially the Christmas NOEL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds and those chalkboards are awesome! My favorite find is the vintage train case. Love it! Doyle is so sweet curled up in the blanket. :) Have a blessed evening!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and the Mr did find some really great finds! Love the NOEL yard sign! CUTE! Great bargain on the wagon also.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving that NOEL sign! Church sales are some of my favorite kind to go to.

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. You found some great things, especially the VB purse...that is a steal, Pam! Cute little Delft bowl.
    The old veggie labels are perfect for the kitchen.
    Have a great weekend, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an exciting morning!! Church sales are always fun and sometimes the best! I'm just waiting for the one down the road from us to have one, I found some real goodies there last year! Love all your fantastic finds!! You really did good! Your hubby did a good job on those cute chalk board frames...those are too cute! AW Doyle he isn't spoiled at all ;) Too sweet! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I forgot to comment on your cute display of canning labels! That turned out really great, what a good idea to display them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What sweet finds! Love the all the chalkboards, too!! The NOEL Santas are too adorable!! Cute idea for the vintage canning labels! Happy weeekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh Pam, you find the best things!!! It's so nice that you and your hubby enjoy this together. That warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You found some great things. I love the chalkboards your husband made. I think the canning labels look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I love your craft, is beauty, I love a colors, I follow your blog, hugs from Brazil.
    Visit my blog - Tita Carré - free patterns crochet

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would say that you timed the 3 events perfectly!! Just the chalkboard and the train case would have made it worthwhile! That's a really interesting-looking tool that your husband got at the auction, those wheels look like film reels, very cool! And that he spent all day having fun with it, building shelves for you, how can you not love it? And I would've had to drag myself away from Doyle; nothing would get done, I'd spend too much time cuddling with that cutie! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.