Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Red, White & Blue Table, Postcards & Pennants! Edit-Banners added

A post today to show off some Red, White & Blue, and to
 wish you all a Happy & Safe Independence Day Weekend!
There is  no patriotic theme on this repro tablecloth, but lots of
red, white & blue.  Love the graphics and wish I could find the
vintage version. 


 I hung a couple of the patriotic tags I made on the candlesticks.

I almost forgot about the vintage postcards I won at a winter auction.

Aren't they the sweetest?

Love all vintage postcards, but don't see many with this theme.

Even my red Geranium is cooperating by blooming!
 
Sue from It's a Very Cherry World blog hosted a patriotic swap....make a 4 X 6
pennant piece, so we would end up with a banner made up of all different
pennant pieces made by the swappers.  I was excited to receive my
package today! 
Here are the sweet pennant pieces I received.  I made the ones on the left
(did a couple extra of mine as we only had 5 swappers involved).

I  have to show you the flip side of Sue's piece, adorable!

The other two swappers "went rogue", LOL!  One made a whole
mini banner, and the other made a giant pennant piece.   Cute, and will
also be used in my holiday display.
 Thanks Sue for hosting your creative swap! 
(Link to Sue's blog and Patriotic Swap is on the sidebar)

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
 
My pennant displays:
 
My banner is hanging in the kitchen, with the large pennant piece
in the middle.  Love it!  I used vintage clothespins and lace to put it together.

I strung the mini banner to the 2 candles on my table.
Thanks swap friends ~ love my new banners! 
 

14 comments:

  1. Your table looks great! Wishing you and yours a safe and happy 4th of July!

    Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your festive and partiotic table! All your vintage cards are so neat and so are the pennant pieces! I wanted to say thank you for the sweet tag you sent me! Such a nice little piece of happy mail to receive...:) I loved it! Hope you have a wonderful Independence Day tomorrow...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a fantastic and festive 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to ever come across an authentic 4th of July themed tablecloth. I'll bet if I did, it would cost an arm and a leg! For now, I just go with red, white, and blue ones, regardless of the theme. I love your repro one!!

    Have a wonderful 4th :-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun!! Love your sweet vintage postcards and all your festive tags!! :) I just wrote you an email this morning :) Thank you again!! :) Happy Independence day!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and festive display for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those postcards and the banner swap looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tablecloth. It's so cute! Happy fourth!

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are all ready for a Party! Great postcards. Fun swap and the mini banner is very sweet!
    Happy 4th!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thought of you today, as I bought a little vintage red white and blue tablecloth. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your patriotic pictures and the banners are just wonderful. What a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tablecloth and decorations!! So sweet!! Have a great day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.