Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Estate Sale~Barkcloth Quilt & Vintage Labels

Happy new week!  Don't you hate when the weekend is over?
Can't do anything about it, so might as well enjoy the new week.
 
I'm excited to share this wonderful barkcloth quilt I bought at an
 estate sale last month.  I had heart palpatations when I found it!
Mr. Retro found the mid-century bed frame at the thrift store for
$10 a few months ago.  He refinished it and brought it inside this weekend.
I was excited to bring out the quilt I've been saving for this bed, now in our
guestroom.  So when are you coming to visit?  

I just have to share close ups of some of the fabric used.
Love oriental themes, and this one is beautiful!
 
Lovely!
 
 Even a horse & buggy winter scene is included, with snow!

Isn't it gorgeous?  I think the $15 price was an excellent bargain.
I just can't stop looking at it and "petting" all the wonderful fabrics.
Yeah, something is wrong with me, lol.
 
Here's a little project I'm working on for displaying some darling
vintage canning labels.  Just playing here & will show the finished project later.

I'm going to display them under glass in this frame, and bought a piece of
this burlap type fabric to back them.  Think it adds just the right homespun look.
 

The labels were purchased at an antique store in the Blue Ridge Mountains
of Virginia, where we spent a long weekend.  Of course we had to go antiquing! 
The graphics on these labels are fantastic, and they are in mint condition. 
A bit of information came with them...
 
That's it for today. Did you find any bargains?
 
This is from today's garden walk, so I'd better get busy!
 
 
Linking with: 
 

 
 


20 comments:

  1. Love that oriental bark cloth. A fabulous find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous quilt. Looks like your garden is really producing! I can't wait to see the finished product with the vintage labels. So cool! Have a wonderful Monday...:)

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt and the variety of vintage barkcloths. That was a great find!

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. great quilt! I wish I had a guest room. If I moved my craft room upstairs I could use this room as a guest room... I should just do it.
    have a great week!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam! Wow! The barkcloth quilt is wonderful! I've never seen anything like it. And the labels are so great. I have some too, but I've always been unsure what to do with them. I just bought them because I liked them...of course ;)
    Hope you're enjoying your veggies tonight!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your logo with the fabric blowing in the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love barkcloth and have never seen a quilt made from it. It is fabulous. Your guests will be so lucky! Looking forward to your label display.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is gorgeous!!! I can see why you like to go and pet it!! Love the labels too, they will make a great picture all framed up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilt is amazing! I love all the colors! Looks like you have been doing some gardening too!

    xoxo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't blame you for looking at that quilt so much! I bet you see something different every time you do :-)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice quilt! & it's always nice to have a little extra history/information with some of the stuff we come across. No bargains yet this week, but I can feel it in my bones somethings coming home with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new quilt!! That is so pretty and I love that winter scene on it!! What a bargain for it too!! :) Can't wait to see your project when you're finished!! Looks like its going to be cute!! :) Have a great day!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  13. ps. I "pet" my pretty quilts too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a find Pam! Garden goods look yum! I have yet to pick a tomato. Super slow this year. Lots of other good stuff though.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, Pam, that quilt is spectacular! I like the horse & buggy scene best. Don't you just love the texture of barkcloth? And the colors and graphics of your labels are divine! I can't wait to see your finished project. :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG what a great quilt. Can't wait to see your completed label work.
    Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bark cloth is a neat find, especially for $15.00!! Don't feel bad, I would "pet" it, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would have heart palpitations if I saw that quilt, too! It's beautiful, Pam!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.