Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Vintage tablescape~thanks to a blogging friend!

Aren't blogging friends the BEST?
 Debbie who blogs at My Vintage Daydreams sent me this vintage
tablecloth....just because!  She said she thought of me when she
 found it.  She is such a sweet person!  We "met" as Valentine swap
partners.  Making new friends is even better than the swapping part!

Debbie hasn't been posting much lately.  We all know how life can be sometimes,
 more important things need to take precedence.  She is reading blogs when she can,
so I hope she enjoys seeing this tablescape.

I love this sweet tablecloth, it has everything!  Wooden buckets of flowers, clocks,
pitchers, fruit, jars, and canisters.  As soon as I saw it I knew it would pair
perfectly with my vintage Hazel Atlas platonite dishes.
 I pretended Debbie was coming for lunch, and set a pretty but casual table.  A chance
 for us to sit and enjoy some tasty food and conversation..."girl time!".

It is amazing how well the Hazel Atlas matches the colors in this tablecloth.
I used a vintage clothespin to hold the napkin.  I'm so creative!

I thought the Shawnee King Corn pieces and Hall duck casserole
just belonged on this homestyle table.   


Oh yeah,  Pyrex belongs on a casual table too.  Refrigerator dish for the casserole,
& mixing bowl for the salad. The flowered pitcher is 1960's Japan,
 and the amber stemmed glasses were thrift store finds.

  After lunch we're going to enjoy some coffee perked the old fashioned way,
on the stove in a Pyrex glass coffeepot. 

This coffeepot saves me when we lose electricity.  I can still make morning
coffee on our gas stove, while the Keurig sits useless.  :)

I hope Debbie likes my table and we get to "sit a spell".
 
 Would you like to join us?  I can easily set a couple more places.
There might even be dessert!

Linking with:


20 comments:

  1. Such a fun table! Set a place for me...:) What a sweet friend to send you that cheery table cloth. Have a blessed end of the week...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam, I'm delighted that you are enjoying that tablecloth. You have an amazing knack for setting the most inviting table, I can just see us sitting there talking, sharing and probably laughing as we share our girl talk. Love it! Love you too my blog friend.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! your blog is not good for me.. I just had a momentary vision of myself collecting vintage tableclothes and all sorts of different kinds of tablesettings!!! must not entertain that thought!!
    lol!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely friend, Pam and a perfect and precious gift for you! And you know I'd never say no to dessert! :)

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright and happy table! So cheerful....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Set a place for me! What a beautiful tablescape and your dishes are perfect with that beautiful table cloth! I have my Grandpa's old metal coffee pot that I use on our wood stove. Lot's of memories and the coffee tastes better!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet of her to send you the tablecloth! It sure looks like a good old summertime setting with the corn king etc. Of course Pyrex always fits in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! What a sweet tablecloth and your dishes go great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have several old table cloths, but never saw this one. Very pretty and different. You set a fine table too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tablecloth and the dishes are the perfect! Love how the colors are all so bright and happy! What a sweet blogging friend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the salt and pepper shakers, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Back again to say Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!

    Happy long holiday weekend WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet of her! And you had all those great dishes that go so well!

    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've found that bloggers are the nicest people. That was very sweet of her. She must have known you'd enjoy it.
    Beca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie has sent me little gifts of friendship too! She is very kind and sweet! The table cloth is just perfect with your dinnerware!!!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Shawnee corn pieces. We collect that, but I've never actually used any of it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! Please set another place setting for me! What a sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes please, I would like to join!! :) Looks like such an inviting and warm table cloth. It's kind of country vintage looking to me :) All your pretty dishes look lovely on it!! :) Such a sweet friend to send it to you!! :) Happy Memorial weekend, hope you have a long and joyful one!! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.