Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, May 26, 2014

Flea Market Finds

Why not hit the Flea Market on a holiday weekend?
There were lots of vendors and I found a few treasures to bring home. 
 
Squeal....I found this Hull teapot, creamer & sugar.  Did a little research
and found out the pattern is Crescent and it was made 1952-1954. 
It was priced $10, no haggling involved.

I just knew it would look great on my vintage tablecloths, and it sure
looks good on this Harmony House vintage cloth.
 
Next I found these 2 pretty mixing bowls, that I thought were pottery until I
reached to pick one up.  They are melamine and are by Paula Deen. 
Too pretty to leave, and I'll surely use these a lot. 
 
This vendor had so many of these cute little guys I was having
trouble choosing, so she offered me the lot for $5, sold!
These will be great to use for crafting. Most were made by
Enesco and are dated 1980-1990's.

Most are Christmas theme, but not all.  The tiny ghost in the pumpkin
is Avon.  Love the mouse under the hairdryer ornament...too cute.

Cute Dakin bunny with a basket of carrots, and love the bear
with her tray of cookies, a 1993 Hallmark.

Here they are all washed up and ready to head to my craft space.
Almost forgot, I also got the 3 angel ornaments. 

I got this frame at the thrift store last week.  I decided to use it to frame a
vintage towel.  The towel is a calendar towel dated 1962, which I folded in
half  in order to just show the top design ~ the retro family enjoying their
backyard BBQ!  & of course the Mom is wearing a skirt.  ;)
 
Hope you liked seeing my finds.  Have a great week...only 4 days until our
next week-end! 
 


19 comments:

  1. Your teapot looks perfect on your tablecloth and I love the idea of framing a teatowel - so cute!

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the tea set with that tablecloth! All those little figurines really made me smile too. They are just the type of thing that my Mom would give us for Valentine's Day, or tuck into our Easter baskets. Adorable!
    I'm glad you were able to hit the flea, Pam! Isn't it just so much fun?
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Hull set on that fabulous tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! I like the towel in the frame, I recently did a decorative tea towel in a frame, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That framed towel is perfect for Summer. What a cute idea!

    Have a great week!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom collects Christmas mice ornaments like the ones you have bought... would you be willing to send a pic of the ones you have and possibly sell any to me that she doesn't have? :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a deal on the teapot!! Love it's vintage shape and it is perfect on that table cloth!!! Cute collection of ornaments and you will have fun crafting with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squeal!!!! I love your new teapot, sugar, and creamer!! It looks like it goes perfectly with your tablecloth!! So pretty! What cute little miniatures, those will be fun to craft with!! :) Love the idea of framing a vintage tea towel!! A cute BBQ one for sure! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea to frame a tea towel! Yippee for holiday flea market finds! Yippee for a four-day work week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You found some really nice things. The tea service is awesome! I love the colors and the modern shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoo Hoo! You really scored this weekend! I love all the knick-knack mice and rabbits! Good thing we live on opposite sides of the state of we would be fighting over this stuff!
    Hope you had a great holiday!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous finds and that teapot set is also funky! Too cool and sounds like a steal! And...it looks perfect on that tablecloth...like it was made to go there. The ornaments are so cute....sounds like a great deal for the lot! I like the way you framed the cloth calendar...so fun! Enjoy your new finds.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet finds! Love the tea pot, sugar bowl and creamer! Pretty colors together!! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your finds. I have the little ghost in a pumpkin. The framed towel is perfect for summer. The Hull set looks like it was made for your tablecloth. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good finds indeed! I especially like the white angel ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I cannot believe the color of the Hull pieces. They are fabulous and what a great price. I want to go shopping with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore the Hull teapot set, $10 is a steal!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.