Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blogs Friends & Finds~BFF's!

 
 Blogs, Friends & Finds!
Not the BFF you expected, right?  Just wanted to share these few today!
 
My latest Hazel Atlas platonite (colored glass with fired on colors)  find is
 this cake set with metal handled server.    Found in my favorite chartreuse and dark
green color combination!  The pattern is Newport and it was made mostly
during the 1950's, according to my HA reference book. 
 
For now I'm enjoying it on a Bob Van Allen designed vintage tablecloth,
but will be using it in an upcoming tablescape. 
 
A closer look.  Six sweet plates for serving.  I slipped a pretty
crochet doily between the server and the plates.
 
I may have to bake a cake in celebration of this find!
 
 
Our lovely weather led me to crafting some flower cards.  Like?
 
I signed up for this fun swap!
Patriotic Banner Swap Group!
at It's a Very Cherry World
 
Sue is hosting this fun swap~ we will each make 8 pennant pieces to share for
a banner.   We keep one, and send the other 7 pieces to her.  She will mail the
assorted pieces back to us.  Voila, a patriotic banner made by blogging friends!
Don't miss out on signing up for this fun swap!
 
The Pink Rose Cottage
 
 
My VTLC (Vintage Tablecloth Lovers Club) friend Holly has her own website
and blog,  but has been away from blogging for awhile.  Why don't you visit
 and welcome her back.   She has a very cool post on new caps/lids
being made for mason jars, called ReCap.  They are awesome!
 
That's it for today....just a quick hello.  Have a great rest of the week! 
 
 


14 comments:

  1. Thank you Pam!!

    Your cake plate is a great find! Love the Bob Van Allen. So springy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a neat cake set...and that tablecloth is gorgeous, Pam! ♥ the note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! And that tablecloth would make anyone smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely table!! Your new found cake stand is cute, I think it does call for a cake to be baked!! :) I really like the candle stick holders too! Looks so springy at your home, and your cards are so cute too!! :) Wishing you a sweet week!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and cheery table!! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tablecloth and dishes! So festive! I have finished washing all my tablecloths, but haven't finished ironing them yet. That will be a post unto itself!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really do have one amazing collection of tablecloths. You need to show us where you store them all. I bet they make a pretty picture all stored together. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet find! I love the color and especially with that tablecloth. So springy and cheerful! I am always amazed at your collection!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that tabelcloth, the colors are so fresh and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Hazel Atlas cake plate is AMAZING! I didn't even know it existed. What a great find for you!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen a cake plate like that, it's beautiful! I'm excited to see it in a future tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im feeling the need to go shopping for vintage table clothes after visiting you! lol! adorable flower cards!
    Have a great weekend
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  13. That tablecloth is gooorgeous. :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.