Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Decor & Finds!

Hippity ~ Hoppity Easter's On Its Way...
I've been remiss in sharing Easter decor photos, so there are way too many here.
How sweet is this 40's pottery planter bunny as a centerpiece on my table?

Gorgeous tablecloth, beautiful springy colors with banner border and
nosegays. It would also be perfect for a bridal shower.

I decided my poor planter was lonely so some friends came to keep him company.
They even brought a bunch of newly blooming Forsythia along.

Most everything you see here is from blogger friends.

This shows the other side of the centerpiece. 

I've changed things around more than once. You get that, right? :)
 The mirrored back keeps me from getting a better photo from the front. 
The buffet is showing off birds & nests from my previous tablescape. 

I've had this vintage Made In Japan marked planter for a long time

Mr. Retro gave me this pair of Westmoreland milk glass swirl candlestick
 holders (that I've been coveting) for my birthday a couple weeks ago.
Aren't they fabulous?

We hit a few sales on Saturday.  Found this sweet vintage flower basket
(another Made In Japan),  vintage yellow chick, and these gorgeous eggs.

The seller told me they are Russian, from Ukraine and hand painted.
My friend Sally at Sally Annie Magundy blog recently did a post her Mother's postcards of
Pysanky eggs.  Do you think my finds can be the real deal? 

Probably just copies of the technique.  I'm going to ask Sally for her expertise,
since she has a real one.  Either way, they are gorgeous and I really love them!
  
I made this fun Easter nest for a friend.  Started with an aluminum tart pan and added vintage lace and buttons. The egg is hand painted from Portugal. 

I crafted lots of cards to send to family and friends. 

My favorites are the bunny shapes with the fuzzy tails. 

I'll be using the little dresses idea again. Cute!

I've misplaced the photos of my cloches and Easter tree.  Oh well,
there is time for another post later this week.

My snowball almond bush is blooming.  Spring makes me smile!
What made you smile this weekend?
 Happy almost Easter week!



17 comments:

  1. Your centerpiece is precious! I love using vintage planters in my décor and what could be more perfect for Easter than a bunny one? I can't believe Easter is almost here. I better get to taking pictures of my decorations so I can share with you all!

    Have a great week!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam! Oh goodness! I know nothing about nothing LOL - so you're on a failed mission in asking me!!!
    Hey! It's an Easter Extravaganza over there! Adore your table cloth and embroidered runner, so yummy, and all that bunny cuteness, so much fun.
    Happy Easter to you guys! Wishing you lots of chocolate eggs and carrot cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much vintage Easter! Love your new candlesticks!! Fun look at your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get enough spring Easter decorations right now. I really love what you've done with your table centerpiece. It's so full of special treasures. Over the weekend, I was busy glamming up vintage Easter planters to put on our table for Easter breakfast. I think I'm addicted to Easter planters. Easter hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweetness Pam!! All your decoration are so cute, love those vintage planters!! And that tablecloth is soooo very cute!! It would be perfect for a shower, or and Easter showing!! :) Your cards are so cute, love the fuzzy bunny tails too!! I love spring for all the blooms and greenery too! Happy (pre)-Easter week!!!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some mega cuteness going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easter is in full bloom at your place!! You sure have a nice collection - I was to four thrifts on the weekend - not a thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Easter Eggs and bunnies are adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're making me feel all Easter-y. Our iris started blooming this weekend. That made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Spring!!! Your table looks lovely as usual. That made in Japan planter is fantastic! And I've never heard of a snowball almond bush, but yours is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your Easter decor....both vintage and new! Those candle holders are just gorgeous. I see why you were coveting them...lol! So unique. Those eggs you bought are so beautiful. Such detail! Have a wonderful evening....Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your Easter decorations are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww... such cute Easter decor, Pam!! The tablecloth is gorgeous and so is the little cloth under your bunny planter. You always share such fun things.
    p.s the bundt cake looks yummy!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darling Easter tablescape!! Love all your cute Easter sweeties! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. I *love* your milk glass candlesticks!! Looking at your happy Easter decorations put a smile on my face and the little planter looks quite at home among your other goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some cute Easter decorations.
    Hope you have a lovely Easter.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, all of those cards...you've been busy! Those candlesticks are beautiful, Mr. Retro has very good taste! I never get tired of seeing your tablescapes, you have the best tablecloths! First you bowl me over with the Tiffany tablecloth, and now that periwinkle one--wow. I hope you had a lovely Easter! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.