Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Vintage Spring Garden Tablescape!

Spring has almost sprung here.  Looks like we have a few more days of cold
weather to get through, but the week-end is looking promising, well Sunday at least!
 Gray, cold and even snow here today so I needed some spring to cheer me up. 
This vintage tablescape, all about gardening works for me! 
 
I had to fight with myself to keep Easter off the table (that's coming soon),
and stick to gardening ~ flowers and food.
 
Love this vintage "Busy As A Bee"  tea towel.
 
 I set 4 place settings in honor of our four new thrifted chairs (you can see that post
HERE), and my Daffodils that fought for months to survive the winter weather.



 How do like the vintage gardening tablecloth?
With help from the VTLC, the tablecloth has been identified as a Simtex.
 
  
Bear with me, I took lots of photos.  I used vintage enamel flower pins for accent.
Do you love these pins like I do?

Shawnee King Corn creamer and S&P shakers.
Tiny "Josef Original" chick and sweet newer bluebird, both pie birds.
  
Using my newly thrifted vintage Indiana Colony vintage glasses. I only bought  2 of 
the 4 the thrift store had, silly me.  The next week I went back to the store and the other 2
glasses were still there.  Karma was with me.  Jeanette shell pink milk glass bowl centerpiece.
Thrifted aluminum fruit/dessert bowls.
 
 
Sweet vintage creamer marked "Made in Czechoslovakia", gift from a good friend.
Green apple S&P shakers marked Inarco 1967. 
 Anthropomorphic (don't you love that word?) onion dish is unmarked.  It screams
vintage Japan to me.  It's too small to really hold onions.  Gotta love that kitsch.

Pink pitcher is depression glass ~  Rose Mayfair pattern.
It has a small crack, but still displays beautifully.  Sat it on a Vera napkin.
Colorful pins in a Hazel Atlas apple bowl.

A look at each place setting with vintage enamel pins.
Dinner plates are vintage Knowles, pattern #41-10.  Knowles made a gazillion patterns.

Lucky for me these pretty pastel dinner plates didn't sell at our fall yard sale. 
 Sometimes we just pick the wrong things to sell, don't we?  (Humor me please!)

Even the paper bird napkins I got at IKEA are sweet.

 Want to come for lunch?  The bowls look ready for strawberry shortcake to me! 
 
Hope you enjoyed looking at my garden table today and that
Spring like will arrive in earnest for ALL of us very soon!
I plan to be busy as a bee in the garden soon!
How about you?
 
Since my table is filled with vintage thrifted goodies, I'm linking with:
 


19 comments:

  1. As always Pam...your table has me smiling! It is so cheery and definitely looks like spring! I love hthe way all the colors complement each other and the addition of things that grow...flowers, corn, apples, & onions! You have such an awesome collection of vintage things.Love it...:) Haooy Wednesday my friend...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks so bright and cheery. My mother had those same green Indiana Colony glasses. My grandfather owned a drugstore on the square, and my grandmother talked him into letting her have a corner for a gift department, so we had LOTS of glassware and pottery. I think she bought 2 of everything she put in the store...one for her and one for my mom, who was an only child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much good stuff! And YES, I love vintage enamel flower pins!!! The turquoise and green one was the first thing I noticed. Such a cheerful spring tablescape! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. I want to come to lunch! Such a fun kitschy tablescape! That tablecloth is just fantastic. So many fun pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love that tablecloth, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a springy table setting! Maybe that's what I need to do to get over this HATE of winter I am having! Strawberry shortcake, food for the Gods! My niece collects those enamel pins too! Funky and groovy, you dig? (I think this weather has gone to my brain! I'm quite delirious!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this table setting. I can tell you are ready to get your hands dirty in the garden. Those pie birds are extra sweet and you know I love those enamel flower pins.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam,
    Your tables always put a smile on my face! This table just says, "happy". I love all your finds and those chairs...what a deal and steal!! Woo hoo!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite tablescapes of yours thus far! I am loving that vintage Busy as a Bee towel. I recently started collecting pie birds and have that cute yellow one! I would love to sit at this table :-)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty tablecloth you've used. We have a big collection of Shawnee corn pottery. It would make a beautiful table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your table looks so cute and inviting! Id come for lunch, if you lived near me!
    gardening??? maybe someday.. if it ever gets nice out.
    lol!
    have a great day
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pam!
    Love the table! Screams Spring. GOtta love the aluminum bowls..partial don;t ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness, what a beautiful table! Love the tablecloth and those wonderful aluminum bowls! I think my mother might have had those bowls since they look so familiar! Or maybe it's because she had a set of aluminum glasses!! That onion dish is too cute -- looks like its crying over chopping those onions! Good karma on the green glasses (those last two knew where they belonged and waited for you!!) All in all, a great table!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love your table!! I need some spring too! It's rain snowing here. Your table is so gorgeous, I just love every single detail on it! Love those enamel brooch pins, those sweet little birds, and all the pretty colors!! The clothe is the sweetest too! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh I love your brooches and what a great way to display them.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful spring table setting!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your colorful and festive table setting! One can only hope spring will arrive soon! Have a lovely and warmer weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful table. Some really lovely things. We had an onion pot with a face on it when I was little, and we used it for pickled onions. I'm always on the lookout for one now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pins are genius! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.