Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bermuda Island Tablescape...Wishing!

Wishing for winter to be over and a trip to an island like
beautiful Bermuda.  I was there once, many moons ago.
A gorgeous island, clear aqua water you can see right 
through to the sand at the ocean bottom.
I enjoy ironing my tablecloths and seeing the great graphics come to life.
 
Debbie of My Vintage Daydreams was my swap partner
for the 521 Lake Street Valentine swap hosted by Sandy.
Debbie sent me a myriad of goodies, including a
Bermuda Souvenir vintage tablecloth.
 
 
 I couldn't wait to do a tablescape with this wonderful tablecloth, and I'm not quite ready
to get rid of all the Valentine's RED, so I get to enjoy it here with the blue.
Ah...red & blue together make a great pairing!
 
 
The large charger (almost) size plates are dollar store. The powder blue plates
 are vintage Knowles china, and the bread plate Iroquois Casual by
Russel Wright.  Sweet damask napkins pick up the powder blue
 in the plates, and the red cocktail napkins make it pop.
 
More of the tablecloth to enjoy.  I used my crab S&P shakers, and milk glass fish dish,
which just fit a tablecloth filled with water themed graphics.

 
I couldn't help but use some of the rag ball & yo-yo's I got
from Holly~Cutie Pie Cottage (sidebar link). Got them in a swap we did,
and I've used them in lots of décor already. Added an enamel pin
and one of the napkins, and the fish looks happy now!

Pretty vintage etched juice glasses, and flying themed
vintage Hazel Atlas drinking glasses fit right in with the huge
airplane graphic on the tablecloth.
 
Can't close without mentioning the vase at the top of the tablescape (shown better below)
 was my Mom's.  She moved into assisted living last summer.  This vase sat atop her desk
for many years.  It now belongs to me and I treasure it.
 
For all you modernists out there...it has been identified as Lipp Mering pottery,
 made in Bavaria, designed by Lu Klopfer.  I'm also told this pottery is highly
desired by Mid-Century Modern fans. (I'm one!) 
need ID
 
Hope you enjoyed my table.  I always appreciate your visits and your comments!
 Warming up here some this week.......can't wait!
Hope you will also be having warmer weather this week.
 
linking with:

24 comments:

  1. Ahhh.....this tablescape is so serene! As if the additional six inches of snow that we got last night weren't enough to make me want summer, looking at this tablecloth and dreaming about Bermuda makes me wish the warm weather were here NOW. I hope some of your warmer temperatures are heading this way! Have a wonderful week! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that tablecloth and the dishes just make it so festive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, is that tablecloth not perfect for you? I love the graphics and how bright and cheery it is. Looks as though it's never been used. I thought those rag balls had to be Holly's. I purchased a garland for my craft room and love it! You had lots of pretties to go perfectly with this tablecloth!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tablescape! With all the cold weather we've been getting around the country, I imagine we're all dreaming of a vacation in a warmer place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fantastic Pam! The crab salt and peppershakers are PERFECT as is the fish plate! Love the different plates you put together!

    You're mom's vase is stunning!

    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun and perfect!!! Love those salt and pepper shakers! Your table always looks so great!! (: Happy Sunday! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a neat tablecloth! It reminds me so much of a shirt I had as a child, which my grandparents brought back from a trip to the Caribbean. I think it had a map of several islands on it. All I know is that I read the word "Nassau" and thought it said "Nestea" and I thought of it as my "iced-tea shirt." Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tablescape! You have such a great talent in the way you put all your pieces together with your fantastic tablecloths!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the most fabulous collections! Love this table cloth! I'm ready for a beach get-away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE vintage souvenir tablecloths. I only have three but that's still a collection, right? That Bermuda one is amazing and definitely something that I don't think I'll ever come across in person. You had an awesome and thoughtful swap partner for sure!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Pam, your table looks so amazing, I love how you put all your pretties together, I would love to spend an afternoon at your house looking at all of your decorations. I have never seen anyone put things together like you do, you have such an eye for coordinating unlikely pieces and pulling them together so beautifully. So glad you like the tablecloth, makes me smile to see you smile.

    Hugs,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Debbie, so glad you like how I used the sweet tablecloth!

      Delete
  12. Love the red and light blue together...a perfect combo! An island trip sounds heavenly! Actually I was looking at my cruise pictures from last summer today and I watched several shows on HGTV on island living. Just finished one where a coupl bought their own private island with a resort on it...talk about paradise! I am ready for sweet summer...:) Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tablecloth is just wonderful. What a perfect gift from your swap partner. Love this tablescape and that vase of your mother's adds the perfect touch. It's such a summery looking table. Such a contrast to the blizzard we are having AGAIN outside this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful table...love that vintage cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The table cloth is amazing! I love the illustrations. Makes me long for the beach...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful tablescape! I would like to be in Bermuda right now! Will this winter ever end?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post, Pam! It put me in a vacation kind of mood. And that vase is truly beautiful. I know you'll treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful tablescape, Pam! I love how cheerful the colors are. My in-laws have a similar tablecloth from when they honeymooned in Bermuda some 50 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was there once and would love to go back. A very pretty place on land or a tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another fabulous tablecloth, you must have the best collection of these in the world, seriously. Great table, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You put together such an interesting table. Dinner is never boring at your house. :) I enjoy seeing your vintage linens. What a nice gift from a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great table. Love the cloth. It actually reminds me that I have a tablecloth that I bought in Bermuda and have never used! I best pull that baby out!

    Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.