Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Thrifty Finds & Valentines!

It's been rainy & gray since Friday, but the temps were up to 70,
the perfect excuse to go thrifting!
 
 
Got all these cuties at my local thrift store, which decided to have a
half-off everything in the store January sale ~ Yay!

 

I love old buttons.  So much so I have trouble crafting with them,
and sometimes just leave them on the cards and admire them from time to time.
I keep them in this sweet vintage Schrafft's candy tin (previously thrifted for $1).


Isn't it great when there is product information on the back?
Made in Holland, Lansing Co. from Iowa, Streamline Button
from NY, and Le Chic from NJ (newer oldies, has a zip code).
That "Made In USA", not so easy to find anymore.
  

 
How could I leave these cute S & P's behind?
Still in their original box, by Enesco ~ Made in Japan
 Priced $2, so I got them for $1.  Seriously.


 
Cutest mouse faces & pink ears.
We've had some mice venture in from the cold fields at night.
I screamed when I saw one dart through while I was crafting and had
Mr. Retro set some traps.  Fell badly about that, but can't let them get too
comfy or they'd be holding a big family reunion here.
 
 
See the original "Missy Mouse" sticker on the top?
The original Enesco sticker is still on the bottom.
Someone just tucked there cuties away and never used them.
 

 
Very cool serving set ~ Royal Sheffield Stainless.
Do you think 60's or 70's? Not Bakelite, but that older plastic
type...can't remember the name right now.
 
A little pricier than than my other finds $5, but I had to have them. 
They'll be great for my tablescapes too.
 
 
I had no idea what I would do with this sweet crochet topper, but
it was priced $3, so $1.50 to me.  C'mon!  Someone put a lot of
time & effort making it, plus it's in pristine condition.  I realized there is
enough pink to be able to use it in the guest room ~ so it came home with me.
 


Aren't these Valentine die cuts adorable?
Not vintage, got them for crafting.
 


 
Joined 2 swaps (links on my sidebar), so time to get "crafty"!
 
Do you see anything you like here & would have brought home?
Always love it when you visit and comment. 
 
Have a great week friends!  Let's hope we all stay lots warmer this week.
 
Linking with:
 
 
 
 


28 comments:

  1. I would have bought those mouse shakers. So cute!
    I don't like the live kind.
    When we lived on the wheat farm, mice were a real problem.
    I had mice in my van!
    Yeah- it's kind of hard to drive when a mouse runs across the floor board!
    Eeeek!
    I'm excited about our swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the Enesco Missy Mice! I found a set at an estate sale over a year ago that also included a napkin holder, butter dish, the shakers, and a few other pieces. Too cute, right? I ended selling my set, but I kind of wish I would have kept at least the shakers now!
    :)
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your finds! I hear ya about the mice! We live in a double-wide mobile home by a field and we get one once in awhile....I always scream! It's just an instant reaction that I can't even help! I hate the stinkin' things! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great finds! I would do the same with the mice. I love 'em, but you can't have the whole clan moving in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always had a thing for buttons. Great find! I still have buttons from my mother's button jar that she started using/keeping in the 1940s and from mine that I started in the 1960s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great finds, but those little mouse shakers are adorable! Love the buttons also!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buttons, pretty tins and Valentines are things I collect, and more of course..LOL!!! You'll have fun with those Valentines for the swaps!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cute mice salt and peppers would of come home with me as would the buttons. Nice finds and even better that they were half price.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't get enough old buttons either. Love it all. I can't wait to get into making Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have seriously bought everything you did! Don't you love finding vintage inspired cards and such? Best ever, you don't have to feel bad for using them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, I would have snagged those buttons. Love the storage tin too! The Valentines are darling. I was thinking I'd better get started on my swap goodies this coming week. I swear I remember the handle design on those knives. Thinking either my mom or older sister had them.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't go wrong with buttons and vintage Valentines! I have several of my grandmother's precious buttons framed in my craft room. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the buttons! And those are the cutest little mice shakers ever!
    Great finds Pam! Hope you have a wonderful week.
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Button cards are always so sweet and those mice shakers are adorable!! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your crocheted topper makes a nice lap blanket. You can't go wrong at $1.50! Think of the cost of the yarn, let alone the time it took to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yeah! I would have bought all of that too. I love those buttons, they are a hot commodity around here and hard to find! Great scores!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love everything you brought home, but those little S&P shakers for $1 were an amazing score! How could you NOT buy them?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You brought home so many goodies. Love those buttons. I too leave them on the cards and can't bring myself to use them. I keep mine in a jar and they look so pretty. Thrifting is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice finds, all, but that serving set has me perplexed: what on EARTH is that utensil on the far right for? I've never seen one like that before!
    P.S. I have a similar set with (fake) cornflowers on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought that was a fish fork.

      Delete
    2. I have no idea what its for and was going to look online. Cool set though.

      Delete
  20. Love the buttons, flatware, cards, hell, everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love old buttons and also have a hard time crafting with all of them.I'm glad I'm not the only one collecting them.
    That crochet topper could make an awesome cover for a big throw pillow.You could place the pillow on the topper,fold the edges over, and attach with ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! I was just going to lay it on the bottom of the bed.

      Delete
  22. Oh everything is so cute, but I'm sorry I keep thinking about you saying the temps are in the 70's.... seems like such a long time ago that we had warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You found some great treasures! I see lots that I would have brought home with me :) The buttons, the mice S&P's are absolutely adorable, and the Valentines too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, what great treasures you found to bring home and enjoy!! Love those pretty buttons and all the Valentine's! I can't wait to see what you make for your swaps!! I've seen people turn that size of afghan into a shawl, fold two corners together to make a big triangle and the pin it with a brooch! ~if it's your style! :) And wow 70! We've had a few gloomy days, today was sunny and 45, it felt so warm and nice, almost like spring! Happy new week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Pam! What a lot of stuff you got! I adore old buttons too - going to a quilt show in a couple of weeks and there is a wonderful vendor with vintage buttons, love her booth. None of hers are on the original cards but she "recards" them herself so nicely that I've never wanted to use them. And that goes for the ones I bought deliberately for a project! Too funny.
    My fuzzy old brain - I just realized that David and I have an anniversary of sorts on the 20th! We met 20 years ago, on the 20th of January. I need to make him a card, etc. AND we're going to a 60th birthday party this weekend and need to make the birthday girl something. YIKES! Valentines swap, birthday, anniversary crafting all this week. Hope I make it!
    Happy week to you! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.