Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, December 9, 2013

We Need a Little Christmas...& Winner!

 
Right this very minute......
 
 
 
Sharing some Christmas decorating.
 
 
Our 1950's aluminum Christmas tree.

 
This waxy plastic Santa ornament is an oldie.
 
 
Sweet little angel.

 
Can never have too many angels at Christmas.
 
 
The color wheel is original and still works!
Found this cute handmade vintage tree skirt a couple years ago.

 
Confession~I was jealous of all the beautiful wreaths you've all been
making, but didn't have nearly enough Shiny Brites.  
 I found this 25 cent wreath at a yard sale, only decorated with a few fabric leaves. 
I glued some glitter on a few of the leaves, liked it, so I fired up the hot glue gun!
I added some vintage plant picks I'd been saving, and rummaged
through my Christmas stash of goodies for the rest.
 
It was fun, fast to make, and most of all......I love it! 
 
 
The felt stockings were hung on the "mid-century metal wall art" with care! :)
 The NOEL mitten stocking is mine from my childhood and is very special to me.
Doyle's is in the middle~of course, and Mr. Retro's is the Santa.
 
 
This wonderful quilted Christmas piece purchased locally at a
craft sale.  The lady who made it was such a sweetie, who said
she has to give up quilting due to arthritis.  What a shame!  :(
 The vintage plate is made by Salem China, called "Christmas Eve".

 
A few little elf friends have joined my crafted elf.

 
What you've been waiting for.....
the winner drawn for the Poinsettia tablecloth is.....
Dorothy of Hens Rule blog!
 
Congratulations Dorothy!!!  I'll be contacting you.  
(I got techie this time and used Random.Org, not
nearly as much fun as using Doyle to choose the winner.)
 
Thank you to everyone who left a comment for a chance to win.
Wish I had a gift for all of you, because we all need a little Christmas...
 
 
 
Are you singing yet?
 
Haul out the holly..Put up the tree before my spirit falls again...
Fill up the stocking... I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now.  
 
For we need a little Christmas, right this very minute,
candles in the windows, carols at the spinet...
Yes, we need a little Christmas now!
 
Have a terrific week!

Linking with:
REDNESDAY at Brown Gingham Creations
 


22 comments:

  1. AH! I can't believe I won! Thank you so much Pam! This will be so beautiful in my new house for Christmas! Thank You!!
    Hugs and Merry Christmas,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! My computer lost it's online connection, so I just got back online. Glad you came and saw you won!

      Delete
  2. And I was so excited, I forgot to tell you how much I love your wreath. I don't have enough old ornaments to make a wreath either, but I can use the Christmas picks to fill in like you did, yours turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winner! Love your wreath! I think it is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your decorations. Your wreath turned out wonderful,great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy for Dorothy!

    Love your little wreath!

    I saved ornaments for 3 years and still ran out out for my ornament wreath! I didn't use old ones, though.

    I think it's so special that you still have your stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Dorothy!

    Your decorations will have me humming Christmas carols all day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Christmas decorations and treasures!! Congrats to sweet Dorothy!! Happy week to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your wreath Pam! And all of your decorations look so great. I'm thrilled that Dorothy won the tablecloth...she's such a honey!
    Happy Holidays!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A big congratulations to Dorothy! Enjoy!
    Everything is so darling and festive Pam! I am totally smitten with your tablecloth in the first photo and your tree skirt.
    Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so pretty! Your wreath turned out so cute. I love that tablecloth (another unusual one). Congrats to Dorothy!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to Dorothy. Everything is so festive. I love your aluminium tree and that you even have a color wheel! What a fun tree skirt too! How neat that you also have your childhood stocking. So sweet. Wonderful job on the wreath. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to Dorothy! And I love your wreath...so pretty! Have a blessed evening...Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to Dorothy! Your wreath is beautiful and I love the tree skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the wreath you made. Very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a neat tinsel tree with the light wheel. I think it would be so pretty at night. I adore your vintage tablecloths. Dorothy is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that color wheel brings back such memories! I loved those silver trees when I was a kid. Congrats to Dorothy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What wonderful decorations! Love your tinsel tree!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thinking your wreath is beautiful. As much as I love the ornaments wreaths, my heart sinks a little when I see the pretty, old ones glued to make them. I made one for Valentine's Day a few years back, but I used mostly plain balls.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful Christmas decorations!! I love your tree! I have an aluminum one too, mine isn't old though. Love your sweet tree skirt you have on it!! Congratulations to Dorothy!! I'm sure she'll love it!! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to Dorothy. I love your vintage decorations. I found an old plastic wreath/maybe candle ring that used pink and green decorations. I thought perhaps they were just red that had faded, but after looking at it for awhile, I'm convinced it really was originally pink. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Thanks.